2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: After 6 months, traded it for

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

2014 Mazda CX-5

Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

After 6 months, traded it for a Subaru
By akchris on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After falling in love with the CX5 and really enjoying it, some warts really started to show.
My commute changed from 55mi a day, 70% hwy to 40mi mostly city and my MPG really crashed.
Was getting 30+ mpg per tank, after moving I never saw 20 mpg again. Then there's the wear on the interior - the seats in my 2004 Honda with 170k looked better than the CX5's after less than 6 months.
The drivers seat looked beat after 8k miles and stray threads were popping up in the pass seat.
The carpet in the rear hatch was trashed after I moved bags and boxes, I hauled tons of stuff in my Honda and it looked better, can't imagine how bad the CX5 will look in 5 years, brutal.
Got a great Subaru trade.

Looks good, highway MPG, Bose stereo sounds good.

Lightweight means chintzy in this car, it was nothing but a commuter car that hauled light stuff when I moved and it already looked trashed inside. The glossy black on the dash was scuffed after wiping off dust, unacceptable. My Subaru WRX is much faster, seat fabric is much thicker and more robust and I'm getting better MPG on my commute. I'm happy the Mazda zoom-zoomed out of my garage!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review