2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: A wonderful small SUV

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

A wonderful small SUV
By gc666 on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

originally looking at CX9. Dealer said best hoped for mileage would be 22-24. Needed better. Bought this 2014 as a certified preowned, 6 mos old, 11000 miles. it is the Grand Touring with 2.5 engine. plenty of power, smooth running, smooth shifting, and best of all great mileage. I was used to a tdi Jetta getting 49 mph. Mazda estimates this engine at 30 combined and 35 highway. that is exactly what I am getting; and actually closer to 36. I couldn't be happier. Interior room much larger than I had expected. I can carry 4 golf bags and their owners with comfort.

the leather seats. thick leather that hugs both sides of your body and hold you there while you navigate turns. Coupled with the sportscar like suspension, this is one fun car to drive. I drive the Ortega a couple of times a month, for pleasure. this car handles as good as my TDI, which handled better than my 04 Corvette. Great sound system by bose, smooth transmission either in auto or manual shift mode, quite interior with no windnoise, brakes that stop with assurance, handling with a little understeer, a side-warning system that really works, excellent Bluetooth; im very happy with this automobile.

cargo area at the very back behind the wheel wells has two open little pits for things to fall into. put a little trap door over each. the bumper hitch supplied by mazda is the puny 1.25" receiver. with the 19" wheels there is room for a 3". why not, this will tow 3500 pounds.