2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: A Mazda 6 in a SUV skin

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

A Mazda 6 in a SUV skin
By imadad2 on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Went to buy a Mazda 6 and since this would be my first Mazda decided to look over the other models. Impressed with the CX-9 and the old CX-7 (looked at CPO models) I decided to look at the CX-5 that replaced the CX-7 last year. At first I was not all that impressed until I looked at the Touring model. For only $1500 more I could get a small SUV instead of a car. So, took it for a test drive and it drove exactly like the Mazda 6. This 6 had a little more pep because of the difference in weight, but this SUV drove like a car and that is when I knew I was hooked. Way to go Mazda. I hope I am driving this for the next decade.

I really like the back up camera, the precise steering, interior, and drive. Radio was simple to use as well as AC. I kind of wish I went up to the Grand Touring to get all the goodies but that would take me out of my planned budget. I might add Navigation as an option in the future.

Center console air vents need to be a touch higher (I am 6'2") and they do not blow air in my face very well. Stainless steel accents around the air vents. I always have liked that in a vehicle so it should be added. Other than that nothing.