2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
True to expectations - Comfortable but some quibbles
By agaurav on 05/12/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my CX5 for 2+ months and driven 2200 miles in Dallas metroplex. It has been great so far with no surprises. Comfortable ride and no squeaks or any mechanical issues. Gas mileage for this FWD has been 27 mpg in mostly city driving with a very light foot and a constant eye on the current mpg reading. The USB port in the console charges phones at a slow rate since it has medium amp. The rear seats don't recline so not very comfortable for adults. Now that I am used to backup camera and blind spot monitoring, I need to be careful when driving wife's car without these aids. The gas tank is 15 gallons but I could fill only 12.2 gallons when range left was 5 miles.

A Happy New Mazda Owner
By esslewis on 05/10/13 16:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking very hard for a few months at the 2013 RAV4 and the Honda CRV. Something got my attention, though, with the Mazda CX-5, and I ended up buying the 2014 Grand Touring version, and I love the choice I made. Others have mentioned a higher than usual amount of road noise, but I don’t notice it, and you have to compromise something (in this case, heavier and thicker materials) to get such good gas mileage. All in all, it feels good to think that you got more car than you thought you could for the money spent, with features you didn’t think you could get, and that it’s such a strong performer in the safety and reliability department. One very happy Mazda owner here, so far.

Road Noise, Radio
By charlesc32 on 04/29/13 10:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Nice car. Love the back-up camera and blind spot warning system. However, the road noise is excessive. It came with Yokohama Geoearth tires. Very noisy. At the behest of my tire dealer I changed to Michelin Defenders. Touted as the quietest tires available. Don't believe it. The road noise reduction was not noticeable. I just wasted lots of money. Told him so. He was not inclined to change his advice. Didn't expect him to do so. It would seem the Japanese engineers could address this road noise problem as the GM engineers have. I think, in retrospect, I should have bought an Encore. So far, CX-5 Touring is reliable.

great little cuv cx5
By tdhun7 on 04/26/13 03:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my mazda cx5 2014 GT/Tech package a month ago and i'm loving it, Fun to drive, performance wise, more than enough power to handle any terrain,and it handles absolutely great...only issue that i have is road noise and cup holder is awkward...but they were just minor issues...

A great choice!
By lizlubee on 04/16/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I spent the better part of 2 years researching small SUV's. I keep my vehicles for a decade or more, so wanted to get it right. I ultimately decided upon the 2014 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring (AWD) and I am extremely pleased. My gas mileage has been very good (31 highway/27.5 city) and will likely improve as the weather warms and the engine "breaks in". It also handles well, is very comfortable, and includes "blind-spot monitoring" as a standard feature! It's great fun to drive and a great value. I couldn't be happier with my choice!

2014 GT CX5
By scweeeker on 04/16/13 18:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After test driving the Kia, Honda, Ford, Chevy Equinox the CX5 made it quickly to the top of my purchase list. It offered the style, comfort, more creature comforts and most importantly price. This vehicle is great handling and a pleasure to drive. I simply love this vehicle. I traded my CRZ hybrid for Mazda so the gas mileage, regardless of what i bought, would never exceed my lil hybrid, but this is definitely worth the switch. I have room again!

The little big SUV
By motiver on 04/09/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove a Nissan Altima Sedan (2008, 170hp), then an Infiniti G37 Sedan (2010, 330hp). Now I just bought this 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD. I am surprised how Mazda was able to pack in terrific gas mileage in a powerful engine. The comfort in the cockpit is top notch and I love the Bluetooth Phone and Pandora integration. The blind spot indicators are awesome. Makes me feel very safe and confident. The drive smooth and comfy. Huge leg room for everyone in the car (I am 6ft tall). Overall, it is downright amazing. I don't miss my G37 anymore. :)

Zoom Zoom now applies
By imadad2 on 04/09/13 07:48 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Touring model of the CX-5 only because it has the bigger 2.5 liter engine. The extra 30 horsepower in the Touring and Grand Touring model really make a difference when driving. The Sport model is nice, but the engine makes the vehicle just average. Mazda has a winner here in the CUV division and I would recommend this SUV to anyone over the Forde Escape or Honda CR-V that are it's main competitors. This market is competitive and Mazda has what I think is the winner when buying the bigger engine.

A Mazda 6 in a SUV skin
By imadad2 on 04/08/13 07:14 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Went to buy a Mazda 6 and since this would be my first Mazda decided to look over the other models. Impressed with the CX-9 and the old CX-7 (looked at CPO models) I decided to look at the CX-5 that replaced the CX-7 last year. At first I was not all that impressed until I looked at the Touring model. For only $1500 more I could get a small SUV instead of a car. So, took it for a test drive and it drove exactly like the Mazda 6. This 6 had a little more pep because of the difference in weight, but this SUV drove like a car and that is when I knew I was hooked. Way to go Mazda. I hope I am driving this for the next decade.

ZoomZoom This Car is fun in the twisties.
By poppabear1 on 04/05/13 09:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We drove a 2013 last year did not like the weak engine. We bought this 2014 GTAWD fully loaded after we were blown away by its handling. This car is just flat fun to drive on twisty roads. It's also good on the highway too. But if you can't get into a MX-5 anymore the CX-5 is the car for you. Its an SUV Miata....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Suv in VA is:

$159 per month*