2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews 5

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
So happy I went with this vehicle!
By kewright on 11/06/13 11:04 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I have to say that I am really pleased with the 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech package. I feel like it was a great value and upgrade from our previously owned Jeep Compass. The ride can be a little stiff on bumpy city road surfaces, but feels great at highways. The handling is fantastic and sport-like. It feels like it handles more like a sedan than an SUV. We broke in our CX-5 by taking up to the mountains right off the lot, and it handled great up the hills (plenty of power). I've seen many comments about road noise, and this vehicle was far quieter than others in its class that I test drove. It's a little loud at start up, but that is the rapid engine heating system.

Very impressed with this CX-5
By ron277 on 10/28/13 21:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven the CX5 for just a week now and I am impressed at the power in the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine. Great pickup and can do anything I ask it to do on the road. Ride is firm but comfortable, the steering is responsive, the 9 speaker Bose system sounds great and it much better than on my old Mazda 626 ES. The mileage so far as I have recorded is hanging around 28 MPG. Wonderful. The rear camera and the BSM system are all frosting on the cake. I purchase additional warranty to 84 mo/100,000 miles , beyond Mazda's 36 mo/36,000 mile

Great car!
By janelles on 10/20/13 12:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have purchased the Mazda cx-5 from Lee Johnson in Kirkland, WA and so far I love it! I have been looking for a mid size SUV for about a year and really liked this car compared to many others I test drove. The CX-5 Grand Touring edition is sporty, spacious and affordable.

Best car in its class
By cdubbg on 10/16/13 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a CX-5 Touring with the bose/moonroof upgrade and love it! I spent months researching and couldn't seem to find a crossover that had everything on my wishlist and still managed to have good gas mileage. It was love at first sight when I found this car! If I had to be picky, I would love to get a little more bass from the car stereo, and the seats could be just a little bit more comfortable but this car really is the total package at an affordable price.

Good Bad and the Ugly
By geeman6 on 10/16/13 14:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After shopping around I decided to buy the 2014 CX-5 Sport/ 6A. This was my first non-American car. I love the car and it has every thing I wanted as standard equip. BUT the car has 4,200 miles and when you sit at a light, trans in gear, engine at idle the car will suddenly lurch forward. It's happened three times. At first I thought I got re-ended, not so. Very dangerous and it could happen at anytime. I believe the trans lock-up converter engages for a split second. I'm trading it in. It's only a matter of time before the trans goes totally bad.

Feel a little cheated with this one....
By trx284 on 09/11/13 19:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car has a mix of good and bad features. Not a bad car overall, but probably not the best SUV in this category on the road (at least for me). It really depends upon what you value in a car. If you value exterior styling, good gas mileage, and a decent engine you will be happy with this purchase. If you value technology, ride quality, and comfort (interior components) you will likely be happier with the CRV or Escape.

Disappointed
By ali36 on 09/09/13 19:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned this car for two months now. Stereo is awful, cabin noise is horrible, it's also very sluggish. The only thing going for it is the looks. Now I'm told the heated seats only work in 63/68 degree temp!!! This was the reason why I bought leather seating. The backup camera doesn't beep when in reverse. I wish I would have chosen the Nissan Rouge instead. The biggest disappointment is the gas mileage, I'm getting about 22mpg, not the 28 suggested!!!!

2.0 L is plenty of power
By rstibbetts on 08/27/13 08:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a 2014 CX-5 Sport AWD, as we were looking to get into the vehicle on a tight budget. So far so good. Love the ride and handling. I am surprised so many have commented that the 2.0 L engine is underpowered; it is not. Not by a long shot. Test drove the 2.5 L and 2.0 L and found that the 2.0 L was plenty punchy to get up to speed on the freeway without too much engine groan. This is coming from someone who has driven an overpowered V6 Rav4 for six years. Its lower cost and better MPG make the 2.0 L a good choice for many. Just disappointed the Sport is not trimmed out better. Will find out how reliable the vehicle is.

2.5 Touring w/Bose and Tech package
By jrod9707 on 08/20/13 09:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to get the wife in a larger and higher vehicle due to crazy traffic in Dallas,TX(drives a civic). I was very impressed with how much it drives like a car in that there is virtually no body lean. We wanted a SUV that you could get good amenities without having leather and this was it. The acceleration is very good when you want to speed up to get around someone. My wife initially liked the CRV more as you can see better out of it but you need to drive the car for the day and get used to the blindspot mirrors and once she was used to them it was hands down a much better driving experience than the CRV. I felt that in a year or so the CRV would be ho-hum compared to the CX5.

Fun to drive & great on gas!
By chemobob on 08/03/13 19:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a new vehicle to use for work. My wish list included 1. Plenty of room in back for sales materials 2. Combined EPA mileage of at least 27.5 mpg (company requirement to get an extra $100/month in car allowance) 3. Manual transmission 4. Sporty handling & fun to drive. I researched a LOT of vehicles, and the CX-5 was the only one I found that met all of my needs. I have already put over 10k miles on it in 3 months. Fuel economy in mostly highway driving has been over 30mpg. I drive around 78mph on the interstate. In 6th gear the rpms are 3200 at this speed. It would get even better mileage at 60-65mph. So far it has performed flawlessly. I'm very happy with my choice!