What car do these other people have?
By vitden21 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Have read other reviews of the CX5 and am wondering what I'm missing. I purchased the Touring model with the Bose/moonroof package. The Bose system is pretty awful. All the sound seems to come out of the center speaker. The vocals sound tinny and no adjustment of the treble and bass seem to make much difference unless bass is turned all the way up and treble all the way down. And the interior is so cheaply made! The floor carpeting pulls away every time I try to remove the floor mats to vacuum.The driver side cloth covered armrest is already showing some sign of wear and I've only had the vehicle for 30 days. Very disappointing. So is the bird chirping sound the engine started making.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is good. Blind spot alert is nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade the cloth interior and if they're going to offer a premium sound package - make it premium.
By groover1
on 03/19/13 14:52 PM (PDT)

I don't know what this person is talking about regarding the Bose stereo? When listening to the HD radio stations, I hear parts of songs coming from both sides of the car, not just the center. Plus, I think the sound is excellent and the iPod integration is great. For newer CD's (and mp3's), you may need to bring the treble down one notch, but for older music or the radio, the treble set in the middle is perfect. The bass with just 1 notch over center sounds very nice, but not too boomy. I've had the car 30 days, and haven't noticed any wear to the armrest. I like the car overall, and the Bose/moonroof package is worth it with Touring package.