2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Tire warning light problem

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

Tire warning light problem
By mccreery on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Overall car is good, BUT, tire pressure light keeps coming on. Dealer has reset it, comes back on in less than 10 miles, dealer resets again and stays off for a month, back on again. I have done this dance 4+ times and is on again! No the tires are not low, no I have not pushed the reset button. I think this is a defect.
By photoguy22
on 06/19/14 07:17 AM (PDT)

We too have the tire inflation warning issue. It has been addressed 2x by the dealership and both times, the pressure was apparently off by less than a pound... In any case, it is far too sensitive and apparently cannot be changed.

By ygtai
on 08/15/13 14:27 PM (PDT)

Have you tried checking the tire pressure yourself? Compare the measured results with the specified value on the sticker somewhere at the driver's door frame. Some technicians tend to pump tires "by experience", and the pressure they put in may not fit newer tires. I had this problem after the first maintenance of my car (not CX-5). It turned out the dealer tech put about 33psi in my tires, yet they need 38psi, and the TPMS light kept going on.

By fayetteal
on 06/11/14 14:21 PM (PDT)

I too own a 2013 Mazda CX 5. And my tire lights come on and off also. It has done this numerous times. Dealer resets it. Now after 27,000 on my car, I have Yokohama tires, and now Im being told they are cupping. I need a new set. [contact info removed].

By frizzaroni
on 02/28/15 18:34 PM (PST)

I have a 2015 CX-5 and have brought it a tire shop and have been through the routine over and over. The tires are fine and inflated to the right pressure but the light comes on every day. I have started to just reset it daily and ignore the light. This is the worst feature of the CX-5.