2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: SkyActive Transmission is the

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

SkyActive Transmission is the fatal flaw, would not recommend or buy again
By jeisensc on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The SkyActive Automatic Transmission is, in my opinion, never in the correct gear. I ordered my CX-5 AWD GT when I returned my 2010 Mazda3 lease in April, it arrived May-end, almost killed me twice within a week.

I opened a case with Mazda customer service in June when it was less than a week old. I'm still having issues 4500 miles in, and refuse to drive it out of town. Mazda is still working with me, but slowly. I am scheduled to bring it in (again) to download the onboard computer's data, then they will order and attach a data capture device, I will note when the issue occurs, then they can analyze the data. I feel like I'm beta testing their 32k SUV.

Interior details are nice (stitching in the leather seats), fit/finish of the interior materials, the technology (keyless entry, bluetooth audio, TomTom touch screen nav is nicer than the 2012 Lexus RX350 in my opinion)

Transmission, the plastics used in interior do scuff, don't clean easily.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By bluzone2
on 10/21/16 20:15 PM (UTC)

Agree with the beta-testing, except my dealer, and Mazda, didn't stand behind it under warranty. Never buy another. Now it's out of warranty and nearly shot at 45k.