2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: One Year Later

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

One Year Later
By mary668 on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

One year later, no major problems. Runs well, still comfortable, decent sound system (I don't expect a studio experience), no new noises, rear door still occasionally resists latching once, closes the second time. My primary concern is getting on the interstate via a short ramp and 70mph plus speeds whizzing by, this car can be dangerous trying to get up to speed fast. It hesitates too long or is unpredictable in it's response. Hope future CX-5 engineers fix this danger.
By cars4dummies
on 02/12/14 16:23 PM (PST)

Curious about the door not latching. Does that happen when it's really cold? I am currently in the process of replacing our Subaru Forester with something better. With all the problems I have had with it, door not latching is one of them. It happens when it's cold out (live in Canada), and it can last for the entire morning. I have another vehicle that I've had for over 10 years, and this never happened before, so I was quite surprised. I have put Cx-5 at the top of the list, but don't want the same thing to happen. Have you had any other issues with your vehicle at all?