Gas Mileage not as high as advertised
By schuylkillsa on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
My highway gas mileage is supposed to be close to 35 MPG. I have over 5000 miles on the car and have taken several long road trips and I've yet to hit 31 MPG. Are others finding the same thing?
Favorite Features
I love the manual transmission! Why won't Mazda offer the Manual in other models such as the Sport AWD or the Touring? I was dissapointed that b/c I wanted the manual shift, I was not able to buy any other features such as bluetooth or back mirror. Why punish manual drivers?
Suggested Improvements
I think the back window is very small and make visibility difficult. I think the side mirrors need magnifiers to help reduce the blind spot.
By difiler
on 04/03/13 06:23 AM (PDT)

I like my Mazda CX 5 but ... I am not getting the mileage I expected, it seems stuck at a max of 27.4 they tell me that once the weather improves the mileage will too I sure hope so. In the meantime. We have had three instances of the car refusing to start. The first time I had to take a 50.00 taxi ride home, the second time the dealer insisted we have it towed before getting it jump started, couldn't get hat done the policy only took the car to a local dealer, Easter weekend no cars available, oh, and since we found nothing wrong with your car the first time Mazda won't provide a rental. Thank heavens for nice friends. First time battery charge down to 7.7 after three hours sitting. The second time down to 4.3 after six hours. The solution? You left the accessories on, that drained your battery! Ummm, you can't look the car if the accessories are on. I DO NOT leave my new car unlocked in a parking lot in Latham! Grrrrr.