Mazda CX-5 Touring
By scruffy6 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
In 2010 my wife and I bought a Mazda 10 (me)and a Mazda 3 and were impressed them. When the 2013 Mazda CX-5 came out I bought one for myself and two weeks later bought the identical CX-5 (different color) for my wife. The CX-5 comes in three trim levels and we bought the mid level Touring. The Touring level has all the important bells and whistles, yet is 2-3 thousand dollars less. All we did was add after market leather, which is very good quality. Gas milage is so far 28.1 cty/hwy and thats only with 1,500 miles on the car. looked to other similar cars and not impressed. Also relied heavily on Edmunds for reliable review of the vehicle which has always been right on.
Favorite Features
"Exterior design of the car is very flowing and sylish. Interior design is just as impressive. Lay out of controls is very good. Ride and handling is very good. Just love Blind Side Monitor feature, especially the beep warning noise as well as the mirror visual alert. I am 6ft 1in and have plenty of room. Entry of vehicle is right at ground level, so no steping up. Also love the Hands Free Blue Tooth, very good reception.
Suggested Improvements
Engine is a little doggy, but when I went from a Ford Escape 6 cyl to my Mazda 6 is took a little adjusting to the 4 cyl, I find it just takes a little fine twiking to make a 4 cyl respond the way you want. Only other thing is that clock is in a weird place and can distract you from your driving if you want to look at time.