I love my new CX-5
By kothmcaa on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
After years of looking for just the right mix of features, price, and MPG rating I finally found what I wanted - the Mazda CX-5. I wanted an SUV or crossover with high-end features, a MPG rating at or near 30 mpg, for under $30,000. The Mazda CX-5 has it all. I purchased the Grand Touring edition as soon as it arrived at my local dealer's lot. I have 1,300 miles on the car after one month. I am getting consistently getting 30 mpg in mixed (city/hwy) driving conditions. I have not taken a road trip yet, so I don't know what my high end mileage will be for highway driving. I would not buy this car if I had a lot of hills or mountains. The acceleration on inclines is not that great.
Favorite Features
The high-end features that I love are many to name. First thing I love is the Keyless Entry with Push button start. I never have to look for my car keys! I just keep the key fob in my purse, which is always with me. The other features the I love include the back-up camera and monitor, blind spot detection in the side mirrors, Sirius and Digital Radio, Bluetooth intregrated controls for phone and audio, Bose Music System, HID bi-Xenon headlights with auto leveling and Adaptive Front Lighting System; Dual climate controls, Leather seating, Heated front seats with 3 temp settings, Lumbar support for drivers seat; Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers; and the moon roof.
Suggested Improvements
My other car had two sun visors for both the driver and front seat passenger, which I dearly miss. I could flip the larger one to one side then flip the smaller one down for complete sun shade control. I really don't care all that much for the built-in navigation system. The navigation system on my iPhone is much better, which I use in conjuction with the bluetooth feature. I would like to see a compass indicator in the rear view mirror (or anywhere for that matter).
By bui83
on 05/04/12 11:53 AM (PDT)

this car is only 2.0 liters. So it does not have more power. Check out Subaru XV. you will see it. I LOVE Subaru and Mazda.