2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Greatest value and performance

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Greatest value and performance.
By xatharon on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my CX-5 in july, I have over 7,000 miles on it already and it has not made one peep. I drive it like a maniac in a mountainous area and still get average of 26 mpg, which is more than the computer calculated mpg. I just put it through a dangerous off-road test and it performed admirably. Two and a half inches of snow over grass and frozen mud, it drove through it like on asphalt on a hot summer day. I have done 125 miles per hour on the highway. I have not seen any reason to miss my V-6 turbocharged car, sure it does not take off on the line but it is not a race car, it still beats most vehicles. The transmission is the best I have seen outside of a Porsche.

It will not blow your mind with gadgets. I have the Technology package and the Bose sound is good, the navigation is excellent. I don't know what the critics are complaining about. The car doesn't drive itself, I guess that is the problem with the navigation. I cannot speak for standard audio equipment. Everything you find in the cabin is tried and true. It may look a little boring but it will not break down on you or cause you any headaches. If it ever malfunctions it will be really easy to fix. I recently had to deal with the awesome but insane set up of Ford's mytouch and I tell you I'll stick to old fashion in this one. The seating is very comfortable.

There is a little road noise but remember that it is an economy vehicle. For the price though you get more than any other SUV, crossover or not. Plus the best MPG of any non hybrid SUV. I wished they had a dual climate control option for the lower models and it could use a standard dash compass. But that is nitpicking in an already good package. I shopped for three months, comparing all sorts of vehicles and SUV's. The only car I missed on was the Subaru Crosstreck. I have to tell you that it is the best small SUV you can buy. Drives great in any terrain and goes easy on your wallet. Beats all the rest crossovers and SUV's in every category hands down.
By dwbinnwa
on 02/11/13 18:45 PM (PST)

Must just be my car, but the GPS voice recognition is weak (finally turned it off). Also using touch screen has a lot of lag in in......again maybe I expect more. Still love my "zoom zoom" SUV.