Great with some small annoying stuff
By mary668 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I have had the car for three weeks. Great! Smooth drive. Quiet and though I know about the driver mirror vibrating over 60mph, not a big problem for me. Fits me well, it is comfortable.
Favorite Features
I like the light and beep for the blind spot.
Suggested Improvements
Fifteen minutes after leaving the dealer the tire pressure light activated on. Dealer thinks it's the sensor's battery. I go in and they find one tire was not calibrated. Mmmm, brand new and this was missed? Easy enough to fix. Since I took ownership, the rear door is activating the door open light. I can close it three times in a row and still not get it to deactivate or I can close it once and it is fine. Dealer tried it, it worked for them...50% of the time. They don't have a good answer.
By valuewonk
on 05/29/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

Wow. As someone likely to buy a small SUV in six monrths or so, I'm interested to see if Mazda corrects these problems so I hope you post an update. I know the manufacturers monitor sites such as this one. You are very patient and forgiving. Speaking personally, I don't have time for frequent visits to the dealer, even if the costs are covered by warrranty. I expect a new car to be problem-free or very close to it. The competition in this category is fierce so Mazda has every reason to bend over backwards to correct the "small annoying stuff."

By mary668
on 06/20/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

Update: The more I drive it, the more I love it.

By mary668
on 02/03/13 18:40 PM (PST)

Update. I have put some highway miles on this car and replaced the tires already to be safe in the rain in TN. It still drives great. I still love it. It is as comfortable to sit in and as safe to drive as ever. With fresh, new tires it handles well in the rain. The rear door is less of a problem, but occasionally does not close the first time. I am not into the Sirius like other folks nor do I need Tom Tom so these are not so important to me. Gas mileage is still great and I still find other drivers catching up with me to look at the car, or so I believe.:)

By mary668
on 06/11/12 15:23 PM (PDT)

UPDATE: The rear door seems to be behaving correctly more often, of course until today, but that is once in the past week so for whatever reason it is less of an issue.