Great Surprise
By karqueen on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I purchased my CX-5, 9,000 miles ago. It's the base model 6 speed manual. I love it, much more responsive than the automatic I test drove. The 6 speed and clutch are better than my old Honda Accord. I have a lead foot and avg. 30.5 MPG overall, and my brothers just hate me for that. I love the cloth material they used, the stock radio sounds very good. Great handling for for an SUV, a bit slow, but not that bad if you get the 6 speed manual. I get 415 miles between fill ups in the Los Angeles traffic.
Favorite Features
One of the very last SUV's with a 6 speed manual transmission. I love the smooth clutch and the transmission's short throws are so smooth. We also love the this car because it keeps the brakes on when you are on a hill and prevents the car from rolling back. My wife loves that feature the most, and will now drive in San Francisco confident that she will NOT roll back. Did I mention the gas millage this thing get with ME behind the wheel? When my wife drives it she get 38.9 MPG, we love that. Handles like my old Mazda 6 but with the ground clearance of a Subaru Outback. Big inside space for a small SUV. Our new camping ride.
Suggested Improvements
Keep the 6 speed manual option available on the 4 wheel drive and models with sun roofs. I was upset I didn't get my sun roof.