fun sporty feel, gets compliments, 29 mpg
By wowza3 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
My frame of reference is comparing this with other autos I've owned. I just ordered a cx5 2013 awd stripped down Sport in April and it arrived from japan mid June. The blue color on the catalog color cover is exactly right not the color on the inside color option page. Lift the hood at a dealer and the engine block on all types (I suspect) is blue- that's the blue I got and I love it. The kids have these complaints.: cup holders, back window to small, more room in the van. I am missing armrests, like the van has. My van gets 23 mpg awd, this gets 29 awd. Manual shift is odd, better gas not using it anyway. It has a more active ride- don'tdrink coffee on a rough road! Overall I like it.
Favorite Features
if you get the $300 self dimming mirror it also doubles as the remote to 3 garage doors. It comes with removable heavy duty rubber floor mats. I didn't know this so I ordered felty fabric floor mats, which are now not needed. The feel behind the wheel takes 5 years off a person, even more if you've had a rough day at work.
Suggested Improvements
PLays a my ipod nano but won't play the kids ipod shuffle. A/C a bit weak. Had the pedal the metal trying to pass a car today on mild down hill grade. A little less boost than I have with the sienna van. Goes thru the last 3 bars on the gas tank in a blink. Had me very nervous I would run out of gas before getting to town. why no arm rests? That center console isn't high enough to rest your arm even at the lowest steering wheel setting. I've never had to pay the sticker price before with chevy or toyota, - so the fact that mazda didn't budge on that and tacked on extra charges was a surprise when we ordered one. I thought the mazda website was not user friendly regarding options etc.