From a Mazda 3S to a CX-5
By jb03 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I was in the market for about a year considering various makes of automobiles. i was actually settling on a sporty sedan to eventually replace my 3S when I came across the new CX-5. I had heard about the new drive train and was initially concerned about the small 2.0L, high compression engine. I contact my dealer and decided to test drive before adding the CX-5 to my list. I was pleasantly surprised. The Skyactive G engine loves to rev and has good pick-up when driving in manual mode where I have control of the shift points. In automatic mode, the transmission logic is designed for fuel economy and need some coaching of the fuel peddle to accelerate. I bought a Mica Red GT with Tech.
Favorite Features
Keyless ignition, voice activated NAV and bluetooth. The new TomTom NAV blows the old Mazda NAV in my previous 3S away. Traffic is included and the new NAV has already proved itself by successfully routing me around traffic. I love the exterior styling, fit and finish. The interior is nicely laid out with soft touch panels and leather. There is plenty of room in the front and rear for adults. The 40-20-40 split fold rear seat allows for interior configuration. The rear storage area behind the rear seats is actually larger than i anticipated. Overall, I am a guy who likes to drive and take twisty back roads. Mazda did a great job on the handling without sacrificing ride quality.
Suggested Improvements
Mazda should consider providing an "Economy-Sport" selector switch for the auto transmission. In sport mode the transmission would focus on maximum power rather than maximum economy. Mazda hit everything else just right.