Didn't buy a new care to use the warrenty
By ssgoverbey on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Have owned my Mazda CX5 since May 2012. I keep having problems almost since I bought. The very first thing was the GPS said it was out of date. I tried to update the memory card like it said with TomTom online. Was a big pain. Then was trying to get my trial of satellite radio which didn't work well. Could use some more power. At around 9,000 miles all the warning lights came on, cruse control wouldn't work. Bad battery. Then this last week at around 16,000 miles all warning lights came on again and would not shift. Waiting on some transmission part now. I do not have faith in taking the car on any long road trip now.
Favorite Features
Some things I love is the vehicle styling. It looks great. The duel zone AC is great so my wife can be warm and I can be cool. It handles more like a car than an SUV. I would never know it had electric steering. Interior space for its size is the best. Seats are quite comfortable even on long road trips. The blind spot warning system. Bluetooth is best I have had.
Suggested Improvements
Try to get more power without changing MPG. Auto tailgate lift of some sort. Cup holders a little further apart so my cups do not hit.
By pgkuma
on 02/22/13 12:50 PM (PST)

I just bought my CX-5 a bout a month ago. Within 1 week, had same electrical issue. Cold night and it didn't start. Lights worked, windows worked, so not the battery. AAA came to help. Checked battery anyways and showed it was minimally down. Tried to start again, and ALL the warning lights came on. He did something to Reset the electrical by using the key in door. Then it started. Seemed sluggish (more so). Took it to the dealer and they checked out the computer. Said it had a lot of messages, but couldn't find anything wrong. Reprogrammed the computer, replaced the battery, and it has been fine since then. No other complaints, except for sl "buzzing" (my wife says almost 'cricket-like') that seems to come from near driver's door/dash area, when step on the gas. Really subtle. I didn't even notice it until my wife drove the car and told me about it. Have to turn off the radio and really listen to notice it. Anyone else?