CX-5 Grand Touring-(27,500 miles) Fun car but underpowered
By mnvpierson on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I think I was the 2nd person to buy in MN because I was waiting for the cx-5 or the escape whichever came first. Bought the car in Feb of 2012 and have really enjoyed the car and now have 27,500 miles on the car. It is fun to drive. The tires are 19 in and were replaced at 23k and are expensive because they are not a popular size. The only problem is it is underpowered with the 2.0 especially pulling out into traffic or having the car loaded with 5 people, almost unsafe. Would not buy this again but would consider the 2014 which has the bigger engine. I get 32 mpg on the highway and 20 or 21 mpg in the city which is a stop light ever mile or so. For a suv we were happy with the mpg.
Favorite Features
It's cool and sporty looking. It will zoom zoom for you as long as you only have one person in the car. Leather and quality of the car is good. Seating is spacious.
Suggested Improvements
Need to get more power. It is almost unsafe with the way it is. I am glad to hear the new ones have a bigger engine. Transmission seems to downshift funny especially when you stop quickly