2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: CX-5 4 Cylinder Base Model

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

CX-5 4 Cylinder Base Model
By milljockey on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchase a CX-5 4-Cylinder Base model on Jan 18, 2013. After one year of ownership, I am still happy with the purchase, no major issues have cropped up, and everything seems to be working fine. I purchased this car to replace a 1999 chevy venture that we had outgrown. Most of the reviews I have read complain of poor fuel economy and lack of engine performance. If you wanted performance then buy a sports car! This is a small SUV with a small engine, Most of our driving is done in town under 40 MPH on flat Kansas roads. After one year I only have 9,000 Miles on the car.

The seats were more comfortable that the seats in the Chevy Equinox, not as pricey as a Rav 4, or Equinox. I didn't consider trying a Ford Escape, I didn't even give for a try, their quality usually is inferior. I am not happy with the layout for the window wipers, headlights, and cruise control. Then again I am used to the Chevy layout for these! I settled on Mazda for price, comfort, and quality. Time will tell if I made the correct choice for a new car. This is my first time for owning a brand new car, I have always owned used cars. I kept my Chevy Van for 10 years it had 210K miles on it when sold, and it was 4 years old when I bought it, it will be nice to see how long I keep this one.

Make the Cruise control, and windshield wiper control more like those found on the Chevy's. have automatic headlights on, not just the running lights.