BEWARE MAZDA! Bad!
By bluzone2 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Cross shopped all the high-efficiency small AWDs. Mazda was a little more expensive but "appeared" to have more amenities. Appearances are deceiving. I bought a fully loaded GT CX-5 with everything but a NAV, based on reviews of the NAV. After 6500 miles that pretty sky blue paint has more white zits than a teenager, the leather is like paper, the "Bose" speakers sound like a discount house box speaker, and I can't get the fuel efficiency higher than 26.0 on interstate driving. Mazda, by way of your dealer, will not stand behind its product.
Favorite Features
The Sky Blue was a pretty color before the clear coat gave away in the first six months. Now it is all pocked marked and scaly as a lizard. My fingernail accidentally left a permanent groove.
Suggested Improvements
Worst Paint I Have Ever Seen On A Vehicle. Mazda does not accept responsibility for it and You Are Hosed. Mazda: Do Not Advertise 32 highway and 28 city. That is fraudulent. You Will Not get that fuel efficiency. Even with cruise control and a granny foot, good luck. I just cracked 26.0 and I primarily drive interstates and throughway. Mazda: do the right thing and Fix Your Rotten Paint. Improve the quality of your leather as it is crappy compared to its competitors. The Bose speakers: they sound like knock-offs. Very tinny. I have Bose in my house and These Are Not My Bose. Do Not Buy This Vehicle for the posted and Erroneous Fuel Efficiency, Paint, the Leather, or the Speakers.