2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Not as expected

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

Not as expected
By datulip on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

So, I have had this car for about a year and my biggest complaint is the performance. If you don't drive on the freeway this may be the car for you. If you need to get moving quickly - don't even think about it. Secondary issue is the gas mileage. Advertised as 26 city and 32 highway. I have averaged 22 in the city; 28 highway; and 23 mixed. Not much of a consolation for the lackluster engine. Overall the design is pretty good and handling is fair. It does get quite a bit of wind noise. It has been reliable over this first year of ownership with no issues. Last issue - keyless entry isn't really keyless. Must have the key in hand to unlock the doors with this model.

Good price point, but perhaps an example of getting what you pay for...

Be honest and up front about the car. Don't advertise it as having keyless entry if it doesn't. Don't advertise mileage that it will never achieve (yes, I've tried it with AC off and consistent level driving with few accelerations and it comes close to the advertised amount, but who does this in real life long term?) By all means, ensure that all potential buyers take it on the freeway during a test drive. Buyers be ware! Pay close attention to the acceleration or lack thereof. Last, but certainly not least - fix the headrests! They are terrible. They put the head at a very uncomfortable position if you are a person who sits upright (both my husband & I hate this).