2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: Best of the current breed

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

Best of the current breed
By tenfour on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Doing as much research as possible on the current market led me to the CX-5. A long term RAV4 owner with friends who drive Subarus provided some first hand insight on my most likely competitor candidates. Yet a test drive--along with some nudging from style--made the decision an easy one. I settled on a Touring AWD with Sunroof and Bose. So far I'm pleased with the driving experience, style, value and comfort. Any negatives? Yes, for a dozen reasons, I wish I did NOT purchase the Bose audio system. What a waste of $ not to mention effort I'll expend to replace it with something less annoying.

Skyactive MPG, style, driving characteristics, control layout, safety, value, form/function. I'm hopeful that Skyactive also means high reliability for the long term. Appears that real engineers/car guys were given free reign to design and build it--nice!

For any audiophile or music lover, the upgraded audio system by Bose is an insult. Mazda did most everything right, why blow it with this annoying and artificial audio system? It's so offending with some audio sources I had to just turn it off; stock would have been better. The style of the vehicle's front is attractive yet the lower lip may take something away from off-road capability. This is very minor to me but may be less so to some Subaru owners.