Awesome little SUV
By donovan280 on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
This car is the complete package. Best looking of any SUV and you really do get alot for your money. I have the AWD, but even the FWD handles like a sports car, but rides like a sedan. Touring models come pretty well equipped. It is definitely a little slow off the line, but there is power there if you need it. The manual mode on the automatic works great, and its just like driving a stick without the clutch. If the gas mileage really is 28-30 real world, then this truly is the best all around vehicle. I did not notice much difference in the upgrade to the Bose, so I stuck with the base radio since I didnt want a sunroof anyway. I might say the Bose is only slightly better.
Favorite Features
Handling, styling, value, mpg
Suggested Improvements
A few nice options are only available in the Grand Touring, like the advanced keyless entry and leather. Other then that, bringing the diesel to the US is the only thing to make it better. More power and better MPG would make this thing sell out.
By donovan280
on 04/27/12 11:51 AM (PDT)

2nd Update... While I previously thought I was getting really good mileage, the computer was wrong. My 31mpg came down to 28 after driving the next half tank in mixed driving. I was ok with that until I filled up and did the math myself. MPG was only 26 for the whole tank. Very disappointed. Computer was off a full 2 mpg. I guess mazda numbers are full of **** just like everybody else. Still a great car and better mpg than anyone else, just not as advertised.

By donovan280
on 04/22/12 06:00 AM (PDT)

Update.... Was getting about 26 mpg with a mix of mostly local driving. Recently drove to Montauk and back and got 30.5 mpg with a mix of 30mph, 80mph, and everything in between. Car rides great and if your familiar with old Montauk Highway, it really shines on a road like that. One complaint I have is the HD radio. Sounds great when it comes in, but it doesn't make sense in a moving car that constantly loses the signal and sounds like there is a speaker problem. I will probably just keep it off.

By liberalguy
on 06/08/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

Hi, I'm curious how your mileage goes over time as that is the most appealing aspect of the cx-5 to me (I currently drive a 2010 3s). Strange the mid was accurate, my 3's has been dead accurate on my mileage. If you don't mind posting updates here once in awhile, I'd appreciate it! Or, I'm hoping lots of cx-5 owners will post their mileage at www.fuelly.com