2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews 8

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
Great Crossover car
By pchan on 04/09/12 20:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We just picked up a silver GT, AWD with Tech Pkg for $29k plus tax, title and doc fee in Chicagoland area. We were looking for a GT, 2WD with Tech Pkg and no dealership carries one. The lead time is around 6-8 weeks from Japan, so we paid a little more for a top of the line. No regrets. My wife loves this new Mazda CX-5 a lot. We were comparing with Honda CR-V and CX-5. Technology and a product design wise, CX-5 is ahead of CR-V. The CR-V drives like a Odyssey, not much zoom zoom.

New CX-5 Rocks, so far
By newcx_5 on 04/02/12 17:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Hi all. Just got a Sky Blue AWD CX-5 Touring a couple days ago. No moon roof or Tech package. I love it so far. Handling is just like everyone is saying. Acceleration is good enough for me. It is a little sluggish on hills as others have said but guess that is the trade off for fuel efficiency. Havent used a tank yet but am curious to see where it comes out. No regrets at all. Love it

Awesome little SUV
By donovan280 on 04/01/12 10:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is the complete package. Best looking of any SUV and you really do get alot for your money. I have the AWD, but even the FWD handles like a sports car, but rides like a sedan. Touring models come pretty well equipped. It is definitely a little slow off the line, but there is power there if you need it. The manual mode on the automatic works great, and its just like driving a stick without the clutch. If the gas mileage really is 28-30 real world, then this truly is the best all around vehicle. I did not notice much difference in the upgrade to the Bose, so I stuck with the base radio since I didnt want a sunroof anyway. I might say the Bose is only slightly better.

I love my new CX-5
By kothmcaa on 03/25/12 17:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After years of looking for just the right mix of features, price, and MPG rating I finally found what I wanted - the Mazda CX-5. I wanted an SUV or crossover with high-end features, a MPG rating at or near 30 mpg, for under $30,000. The Mazda CX-5 has it all. I purchased the Grand Touring edition as soon as it arrived at my local dealer's lot. I have 1,300 miles on the car after one month. I am getting consistently getting 30 mpg in mixed (city/hwy) driving conditions. I have not taken a road trip yet, so I don't know what my high end mileage will be for highway driving. I would not buy this car if I had a lot of hills or mountains. The acceleration on inclines is not that great.

Maxda CX 5 a Motion of Excitement
By autotimer on 03/18/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am a new owner of the CX 5. I test drove the other small SUVs like the CRV but when I drove the CX 5 it was miles above the others in handling. It feels like you are glued to the road. The build quality is excellent. The Bose sound system is time to party on ... no band needed. The safety features like the blind spot sensors are just another added detail to one fine car. I recommend if you are in the market for a small SUV /crossover try driving the CX 5. Have fun out there and keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Excellent vehicle: fun, lots of features, economical
By cx5andmx5 on 03/18/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased it 3-days ago and have 300-miles on it so far. I am very impressed with the CX-5 at this point. Mixed driving gave me 29-mpg (as calculated by me, not the computer) on the first fill. The mid-range torque of the engine is really impressive. It holds most grades in 6th gear. Acceleration is perfectly adequate at sea-level (Texas). Those at 5000-feet or with lots of steep hills might not be as satisfied. The steering feel, rigid chassis, great handling, feature content, interior materials and space, and interesting technology are the selling points. The great fuel economy is merely a bonus.

So Exciting!
By kathy79 on 03/10/12 14:00 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have been scoping out the Mazda CX5 since December. Could not wait to see it in person. Love at first sight. Comfortable, roomy, stylish, and fun to drive. I test drove one last week and had to wait a week before the dealer found the color an options that I was looking for. Looked at many crossovers on the market. This one was worth waiting for. Glad I did.

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD with Bose/moonroof
By bdranger1947 on 03/01/12 03:30 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My wife bought this vehicle on Monday, February 27th. This was going to be mine, but it does not have the manual transmission. Anyway, my wife really liked it and is replacing her 2003 Tribute ES-V6 AWD with the CX-5.