2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
By scruffy6 on 10/14/12 09:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

In 2010 my wife and I bought a Mazda 10 (me)and a Mazda 3 and were impressed them. When the 2013 Mazda CX-5 came out I bought one for myself and two weeks later bought the identical CX-5 (different color) for my wife. The CX-5 comes in three trim levels and we bought the mid level Touring. The Touring level has all the important bells and whistles, yet is 2-3 thousand dollars less. All we did was add after market leather, which is very good quality. Gas milage is so far 28.1 cty/hwy and thats only with 1,500 miles on the car. looked to other similar cars and not impressed. Also relied heavily on Edmunds for reliable review of the vehicle which has always been right on.

My 2013 CX 5
By skn2012 on 10/11/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Hi, Got my Silver metalic CX-5 sport model two months back. Ride quality is very good. Acceleration feels slightly under powered as it feels little sluggish while changing lanes or moving after a stop light, the brighter side it's fuel efficient. No regrets. Love it so far.

Just Purchase CX-5
By kudzu68 on 10/09/12 11:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a CX-5 Touring 2 weeks ago. So far so good. It rides well. I'm getting over 26MPG with city and freeway driving. The blue tooth/touch screen stereo system is great. Very intuitive. All the controls in the interior are intuitive. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. Some things to consider: 1. The headrests are very far forward and can be and uncomfortable neck position for some. 2. Blind Side Monitoring can take some getting used to. 3. Very new vehicle so there aren't many accessories available yet.

Love my Mazda
By summercx5 on 10/07/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had been searching on the internet for three months for a new car. I had decided between the Mazda CX5 and the Mitsubishi Outlander. The day I did my test drives I found the CX5 to be far superior to the Outlander. The Mazda has lots of pep as opposed to the Outlander's sluggish acceleration. Also, my husband is 6'6'' and he found the CX5 to be more comfortable. The CX5 also has more space in the hatchback. The fuel economy is also excellent. It's great to have a car that is economical and a blast to drive!!!

Our 2013 CX-5
By 185911 on 10/02/12 12:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our pearl white CX-5 now for 7 weeks and could not be happier with the purchase. Mazda build quality is everywhere along with great handling. No..it's not a power house but not under powered and @ $4.00 a gal for fuel that's ok with us. It is just fine the way it is and do not understand some of the talk of lack of power..it zips right along! The rear back-up camera is great to have..Bose sound system rocks and so far fuel economy with very little highway is 29.5 Mpg...grab one..not the Chevy or the Ford!

SkyActive Transmission is the fatal flaw, would not recommend or buy again
By jeisensc on 09/18/12 14:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The SkyActive Automatic Transmission is, in my opinion, never in the correct gear. I ordered my CX-5 AWD GT when I returned my 2010 Mazda3 lease in April, it arrived May-end, almost killed me twice within a week. I opened a case with Mazda customer service in June when it was less than a week old. I'm still having issues 4500 miles in, and refuse to drive it out of town. Mazda is still working with me, but slowly. I am scheduled to bring it in (again) to download the onboard computer's data, then they will order and attach a data capture device, I will note when the issue occurs, then they can analyze the data. I feel like I'm beta testing their 32k SUV.

ZoomZoom...
By zoomzoom09 on 09/13/12 06:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It's been less than a week, since I bought a 2013 CX-5 Touring Edition (FWD)w/auto/ Moonroof. Plus points: Very sports, high quality interior. great milage. I am getting 29 mpg avr driving almost 45 miles a day in medium to heavy traffic. The BSM system is great. Secondly, the handling is very good for a SUV. It handles like sports coupe, and the engine being a 4 cyl is quite adequent. If I wanted a v6, I would have gotten a Lexus RX, but for the value you get in a CX-5 and fact you DON'T need premium fuel, that's a HUGE win.. Bose 9 speaker is awesome. The front profile is very nice, and plenty of room for 5/6 adults.. Bluetooth / ipod integration/rearcamera/ makes it very modern.

4 months and 5000 miles
By bsailing2 on 09/02/12 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this shortly after they arrived in US. Decided on Mazda over CRV to be different. Also like BSM and that the better radio/speakers can be added to the mid level Touring model. Wife is primary driver and she is getting about 26.5 MPG w/ 30 mile city daily commute. Also very comfortable on highway. Noise level is very acceptable. Now that my wife has driven this a lot she likes it more and more compared to 2001 Town & Country which was actually a very quiet and competant driving vehicle.

Former Cadillac CTS Owner Goes SUV
By wuffb on 08/21/12 20:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Okay, so I came from a 2008 Cadillac CTS and LOVED that car . . . but kids got bigger, stuff got bigger . . . you know the deal . . . needed a vehicle that could be fun and practical. Looked at so many cars including CTS wagon . . . kept coming back to "why spend so much?" Looked at RDX, Highlander (another favorite) but all the SUV's kept coming in with bad gas mileage unless you bought the hybrid. On a whim I came across from Acura to the Mazda dealer and sat in a CX 5. It had features I wanted . . . a great Bose system, bi-xenon adaptive headlights, navi, etc. No, I won't win any races . . . but it really is fun to drive!

Its worth the wait
By bobodastud on 08/19/12 10:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car was never on my list of cars to test drive because of its horsepower and I wanted to drive something more upscale. After test drove the X3, Allroad, RDX, and Escape, I gave this car a try and I ordered the GT model afterward. It was worth the 3 weeks wait and I am loving it. It handles like the X3, it has less power but I can use unleaded gas and I get 30 mpg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda CX-5 Suv in VA is:

$148 per month*