2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
Update to driver from Salt Lake City
By utahdriver on 03/21/13 20:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After 2,600 miles everything is going great. The performance is better after the 2,000 mile mark. No problems to date. The last three gas fill-ups used 33 gallons with 921 miles driven, 27.9 miles per gallon in mixed city/highway. This car is very tight and drives like a dream on the highway. I really like the blind spot monitor system and the center rear seat fold down is handy for long items. For you owners with the auto I found that by shifting to Neutral and pressing the engine off button the radio/blue tooth says on, and engine is off. Then shift into park and finish the phone call or radio until you exit. Just push the engine run button twice to completely turn off the car.

Caution to CX-5 buyers
By zoomed_out on 03/01/13 16:50 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Hold your horses. We have a 2013 CX-5 that had the transmission go out. The dealer has had it for a month and replaced parts in the transmission twice now with no success. They can't get the vehicle started. They have been in contact with Mazda, with no success so far. We have attempted to contact Mazda USA, with no success do to their website being down. ...?... We bought all of the options that were available for a total of 40K and now we are driving a rental car from Enterprise with a threat that if anyone dings it, we will have to pay $500 no questions asked. Thank you Alan Webb. We have never heard from Mazda Care to date.

My favorite Mazda yet!
By asilver89 on 02/27/13 05:10 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my zeal red 2013 Mazda CX-5 in AWD touring package in January 2013. I absolutely love this vehicle! This is my 3rd Mazda. My first was a 2004 3 touring (GS), and the second was a 2007 3 GT Sport hatch. I purchased the CX-5 because I wanted an awd vehicle with good fuel economy. The exterior is beautiful, interior is simple, yet clean and easy to look at. Fuel economy is wonderful (actually better than my Mazda 3GT was!) I have no complaints about this purchase. Yes it is slightly underpowered, but I only notice that while merging onto the highway. I almost bought a CX-7 I test drove a few months prior to this and WOW am I ever glad I didn't.

Buzzing with acceleration; ? electrical issue?
By pgkuma on 02/22/13 13:01 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought a silver Sport manual 1 month ago. One COLD night, the car wouldn't start (1 week old!). AAA noted battery had lost a minimal amount of charge (windows and lights worked fine). Then all the warning lights came on at once when tried to start. He reprogrammed something by using the key in the door. Started right after that, but seemed to run a bit more sluggishly. Next day, the dealer looked it over. Erased and reprogrammed the computer and replaced the battery. No problems since then. Wife noted a REALLY subtel buzzing ("cricket-like") from driver dash area, when pushing the gas. Have to turn radio off to hear it.

What car do these other people have?
By vitden21 on 02/17/13 13:11 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have read other reviews of the CX5 and am wondering what I'm missing. I purchased the Touring model with the Bose/moonroof package. The Bose system is pretty awful. All the sound seems to come out of the center speaker. The vocals sound tinny and no adjustment of the treble and bass seem to make much difference unless bass is turned all the way up and treble all the way down. And the interior is so cheaply made! The floor carpeting pulls away every time I try to remove the floor mats to vacuum.The driver side cloth covered armrest is already showing some sign of wear and I've only had the vehicle for 30 days. Very disappointing. So is the bird chirping sound the engine started making.

3,000 miles and counting....
By dwbinnwa on 02/09/13 16:44 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

As a 6 foot 4 inch man, I was worried about this vehicle. However a test drive proved I had nothing to fear. I can easily get in and out with plenty of room once nestled in the soft leather seat. The styling is impressive, with an aggressive looking nose and a well done interior. The sun roof, reverse camera, Bose sound system, and easy to collapse rear seats are also positives. This SUV isn't going to throw you back in your seat when accelerating, but it is quick enough for my purposes and haven't found myself wanting more.

Greatest value and performance.
By xatharon on 02/08/13 16:18 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my CX-5 in july, I have over 7,000 miles on it already and it has not made one peep. I drive it like a maniac in a mountainous area and still get average of 26 mpg, which is more than the computer calculated mpg. I just put it through a dangerous off-road test and it performed admirably. Two and a half inches of snow over grass and frozen mud, it drove through it like on asphalt on a hot summer day. I have done 125 miles per hour on the highway. I have not seen any reason to miss my V-6 turbocharged car, sure it does not take off on the line but it is not a race car, it still beats most vehicles. The transmission is the best I have seen outside of a Porsche.

Great looking comfortable CUV
By glennm76 on 02/03/13 13:09 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the cx5 over 3 months ago and it has almost 3,000 miles. I am only getting about 24 miles per gallon, but i do have the 4wd and mostly city driving. I like the looks of the car. My prior car was a 2010 rav4 limited v6 AWD. I have test drove almost all of the CUVs out there. I liked the CX5 the best. It handles great on the road, takes corners like a sports car and very comfortable. It can use more power, but has enough for everyday driving. The leather seats are very comfortable. Nice and roomy inside. I got the nav, which does kinda suck. But the bluetooth is great and the Bose stereo sounds excellent. I love the blind spot detection. My very first Mazda. No problems so far.

Didn't buy a new care to use the warrenty
By ssgoverbey on 01/31/13 12:10 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned my Mazda CX5 since May 2012. I keep having problems almost since I bought. The very first thing was the GPS said it was out of date. I tried to update the memory card like it said with TomTom online. Was a big pain. Then was trying to get my trial of satellite radio which didn't work well. Could use some more power. At around 9,000 miles all the warning lights came on, cruse control wouldn't work. Bad battery. Then this last week at around 16,000 miles all warning lights came on again and would not shift. Waiting on some transmission part now. I do not have faith in taking the car on any long road trip now.

Runs great in Salt Lake City you must test drive this SUV!!
By utahdriver on 01/19/13 12:58 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Getting 28 MPG in 50/50 mixed driving with winter fuel, handles great in snow and ice. I was set on Subaru Crosstrek, but not impressed with noisy CVT and had to really push throttle to get moving, freeway ride stiff and choppy. Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Ride better but did not like CVT. Sorry no Fix Or Repair Daily Escape, look at consumer reviews and GM crossovers . Honda CRV did not like looks. CX 5 highway drive solid, smother ride, quieter, lots of options and space for the $. Did not get Technology Package. Engine/trans provides all the power needed for hills and accel for freeway. Driving at 70 MPG registers 32. $1,400 off list plus tossed in set of all weather floor mats