3 Series to CX-5, no regrets!
By emanuscript on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
We loved our 2006 330i dearly - but we were conscious about the spiralling fuel costs as well as ptential maintenance cost for the bimmer though we were yet to have any. My wife and I were int he market for a long time and I had 3 cars that I was considering - GMC Terrain, Honda CRV and well, a used Q5. And that is when I drove the CX5. I new that the 2.0 litre engine will never satisfy coming from the 3 litre Bimmer V6. I was just hoping that it does not disappoint me completely. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the capability of the mazda powertrain. I could live with it. For my priorities this was the overal winner.
Favorite Features
1.Aggressive exterior, tasteful, yet subtle interior 2.Drives great - communicates well with the driver 3.Great with mpg - I get about 27 - with 80% city commute. 4.Comfortable ride.
Suggested Improvements
1. This could be a bimmer to mazda transition issue - I thought the steering wheel could be a bit tighter. 2. Front passenger seat is not power assisted even in GT version - why mazda?