Used 2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda CX-5

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

It's been a good ride!
By Jo

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Overall this has been a great vehicle for me - only downside is paint quality on front hood - after only a few months, there is a penny sized paint free zone; but this car has been reliable, dependable, fun and easy to drive.

Look Elsewhere
By carbegone

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I now have 35,900 miles; what will fail next? Rear rotors and brakes had to be replaced at 16,000 miles (at my cost - after 1 year). Tires shot at 20,000. Moon roof stuck. Speakers 'Bose' are apparently knockoffs. The 'leather' is like saran-wrap thin and you can't clean the dirt out of the perforations. Driver side carpet shot early. Paint showering off the front end at 6,000 miles. Mazda wouldn't stand behind it. Paid to have it repainted this summer. Off road then back on road after THREE WEEKS already showing pock marks in the front bumper paint. Chips galore. It's never been on a country or dirt road much less offroad. Cabin is noisy. Headrests very uncomfortably oriented. Last winter I couldn't keep the TPMS from coming on and freaking me out as I drive >100 miles a day. No light in rear cabin, can't see. I'll never buy another Mazda, ever. MPG suck, I drive throughway and interstate; single passenger; lifetime average 25.3 mpg.

Come on, Mazda!
By Christina

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used with 46,000 miles on it ONE month ago. Yesterday the clutch pedal had no pressure and the gear box wouldn't let me select a gear (it's a manual). After having towed my two year old car to the dealership, we found out a cylinder was shot. Ok, not a huge deal...it's covered under warranty, right?

WRONG! Mazda, how can a faulty cylinder not be covered by the power train warranty??? I mean, come on! We called Mazda customer service just to make sure the dealer wasn't being dishonest. We could barely believe it...there in the fine print was a huge bill for a two year old car. Makes me wonder what's yet to come.

If you're going to make a car with this kind of dangerous vulnerability, at least back it with your warranty.

Fun to drive but there are some problems
By ikerry

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Cx-5 is a very fun car to drive. At 28000 miles I started to have some electrical problems. For no reason, the traction light comes on, the tire light, and the engine light comes on. I have to pull over each time to turn off the car and turn it back on again. Traction light and tire light go off but engine light remains. Two hours later after car was turned off, engine light was off when I restarted car. This has happened about 10 times. Other owners are having the same problem. In addition to this situation, the radio keeps going off and a BSM light comes on. I contacted Mazda and they did not return my call or my email. I will not purchase another Mazda, too unreliable.

Good gas mileage, fun to drive when working properly.

Fix the electrical system.

Great SUV
By jgc1995

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We have had this car since 2012 and it has been great!
It is just the right size for getting around town but with lots of space.
AWD gets through the snow without a problem.

As many, had to replace the tires at 27,0000 miles.

Keyless start, gas mileage, back up camera, AWD system, Articulating headlights.

Little snug for someone whom is 6' 3", but comfortable. Possibly a Power-liftgate