2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
Nice handling, little else
By djd123 on 05/12/13 17:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for something with a little more cargo capacity than my old rsx last year, and was really taken by how well the cx-5 handled during the test drive. I did not think the low-powered engine would be much of a problem. I was wrong. Going up hills with a single passenger and two dogs in the back, the car made a lot of noise with very little movement. It also felt cheaply put together. After about a month of ownership, the driver's seat squeaked like an old mattress. The stock radio and speakers are utter trash. Lots of little rattles and vibrations that I didn't notice during the test drive.

Buzzing with acceleration; ? electrical issue?
By pgkuma on 02/22/13 13:01 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought a silver Sport manual 1 month ago. One COLD night, the car wouldn't start (1 week old!). AAA noted battery had lost a minimal amount of charge (windows and lights worked fine). Then all the warning lights came on at once when tried to start. He reprogrammed something by using the key in the door. Started right after that, but seemed to run a bit more sluggishly. Next day, the dealer looked it over. Erased and reprogrammed the computer and replaced the battery. No problems since then. Wife noted a REALLY subtel buzzing ("cricket-like") from driver dash area, when pushing the gas. Have to turn radio off to hear it.

Great Surprise
By karqueen on 12/30/12 06:04 AM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my CX-5, 9,000 miles ago. It's the base model 6 speed manual. I love it, much more responsive than the automatic I test drove. The 6 speed and clutch are better than my old Honda Accord. I have a lead foot and avg. 30.5 MPG overall, and my brothers just hate me for that. I love the cloth material they used, the stock radio sounds very good. Great handling for for an SUV, a bit slow, but not that bad if you get the 6 speed manual. I get 415 miles between fill ups in the Los Angeles traffic.

Fun but gutless
By shierwarter on 11/07/12 12:31 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my CX-5 since June, and have had fun driving this car with the 6-speed manual transmission. While it is gutless going uphill, mostly I don't notice the lack of power. I tend to get around 31mpg overall, and I'm pretty happy with that. Two things... I wish that the great blue color was available on the 6-speed (my choices were black, silver and grey) and I wish that there was better accessibility in the back seat. My mom rides back there sometimes, and it's hard for her to get in and out.

Gas Mileage not as high as advertised
By schuylkillsa on 11/06/12 17:29 PM (PST)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My highway gas mileage is supposed to be close to 35 MPG. I have over 5000 miles on the car and have taken several long road trips and I've yet to hit 31 MPG. Are others finding the same thing?

Great SUV
By ray161 on 04/25/12 05:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a vehicle that was comfortable for this 6'6" guy to drive, that also has great gas mileage. I found it in the CX-5! The seats are supportive, the controls all easy to reach with the seat all the way back, and I do nnot need to duck to see out below the headliner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mazda CX-5 Suv in VA is:

$148 per month*