Used 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

Fun to drive but there are some problems
By ikerry

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Cx-5 is a very fun car to drive. At 28000 miles I started to have some electrical problems. For no reason, the traction light comes on, the tire light, and the engine light comes on. I have to pull over each time to turn off the car and turn it back on again. Traction light and tire light go off but engine light remains. Two hours later after car was turned off, engine light was off when I restarted car. This has happened about 10 times. Other owners are having the same problem. In addition to this situation, the radio keeps going off and a BSM light comes on. I contacted Mazda and they did not return my call or my email. I will not purchase another Mazda, too unreliable.

Good gas mileage, fun to drive when working properly.

Fix the electrical system.

My 2013 CX 5
By skn2012

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Hi, Got my Silver metalic CX-5 sport model two months back. Ride quality is very good. Acceleration feels slightly under powered as it feels little sluggish while changing lanes or moving after a stop light, the brighter side it's fuel efficient. No regrets. Love it so far.

All radio controls on the wheel and push button for start

Need slight improvment in acceleration

Love my Mazda
By summercx5

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had been searching on the internet for three months for a new car. I had decided between the Mazda CX5 and the Mitsubishi Outlander. The day I did my test drives I found the CX5 to be far superior to the Outlander. The Mazda has lots of pep as opposed to the Outlander's sluggish acceleration. Also, my husband is 6'6'' and he found the CX5 to be more comfortable. The CX5 also has more space in the hatchback. The fuel economy is also excellent. It's great to have a car that is economical and a blast to drive!!!

Acceleration!! Zoom Zoom! Passenger, driver and hatchback space. Fuel economy. Beautiful exterior design.

This car meets all my needs.

Great SUV
By formerhonda

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my SUV 2 weeks ago. I am currently getting 29-30MPG. I traded in a 2007 Honda CRV and it was the 4th Honda I had owned. Upon doing research on new auto's, I saw the Mazda CX5 and loved the body style. I considered the Honda Fit, but I was disappointed it does not have the height seat adjustment. I am a 5'2 female and the seat adjustment is something that cannot be an option for me. My only complaint is the headrest sit a little high. I seldom have anyone sitting in the back seat, so I just removed the head rest until I need them. I still trying to get used to no key start, but I think my loyalty to Honda is no longer there!

I love the radio, phone, etc on the steering column.

Make the head rest a little shorter.

Great Vehicle
By jlsfla

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Posted week ago in Forum when purchased. After 1 week am in love. Great interior, seats extremely comfortable, handling feels very positive. Everything within easy reach. Sound system very good. Haven't checked gas mileage yet but seems good. Has that "heavy feel" in the front end making you feel more in touch with the road while driving. Enough power when merging into traffic. Quiet inside though there is some road noise which seems to come from the tires. All in all compared to the Honda CRV and Toyota Rav 4 it wins hands down. Road trip coming up in a month or so so will get a real feel then. Great vehicle to consider.

Audio control on steering wheel. Driver's seat comfort. Headlights are awesome. Positive handling. Blind spot detection. Ease of lowering rear seats for more storage.

Locking glove compartment. Latches in the cargo area to attach tie downs to secure cargo.