2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series model:
Somewhat Costly To own
By palmettophil on 04/17/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car since it was new and now has 70000 miles on it. Had to replace the factory tires at 25000 miles and did not think much of it. I use this for light duty personal use with no off road or hauling. The original ball joints cracked at 40000 miles and were upgraded to better ones with grease fittings. The transmission was rebuilt at 69990 miles. The steering wheel cruise control was replaced due the disintegration of the original equipment (Common across ford and Mazda trucks).

dependable
By DAVE on 10/17/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck with 68k on the dash. Now the truck has 98,450 and still kicking hard like the day I bought it. Nothing has gone wrong with it; it has held up very well. expecting another 100k out of her.

Great Truck
By jas1229 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really like this truck I think its a great truck, It has a great V6 in it.

Pretty truck, great price, average mpg.
By Bryan Jones on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

A good-looking, tough truck at a better price and warranty than a Ranger(same truck). 3.0 needs better mpgs. Engine has periodic rough idle and engine pings easily (many posts in forums regarding these so they are common and can be fixed). Rides stiff but handles very well. Good brakes. Check interior/exterior build quality and paint before buying VERY CAREFULLY- mine had trash and runs that needed to be fixed (never as good as factory paint). Chrome around windows causes wind noise for looks only (to be dif than Ranger).

Pleasantly Surprises
By Doug Atkins on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new last summer. Have not driven many of my other cars since then. I drive it everywhere. The ride is typical for a small compact truck but improves dramatically with a load. Also, the tonneau cover adds about 3 mpg to your gas mileage which is a really disappointing 17 mpg with the V6. No complaints other than that.