2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series model:
Somewhat Costly To own
By palmettophil on 04/17/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car since it was new and now has 70000 miles on it. Had to replace the factory tires at 25000 miles and did not think much of it. I use this for light duty personal use with no off road or hauling. The original ball joints cracked at 40000 miles and were upgraded to better ones with grease fittings. The transmission was rebuilt at 69990 miles. The steering wheel cruise control was replaced due the disintegration of the original equipment (Common across ford and Mazda trucks).

B3000 DS SX Model
By frank on 06/17/07 20:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck I've had, better than a Ranger and cheaper. Handles well in all uses, hauls very well.

dependable
By DAVE on 10/17/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck with 68k on the dash. Now the truck has 98,450 and still kicking hard like the day I bought it. Nothing has gone wrong with it; it has held up very well. expecting another 100k out of her.

Worst Performance ever for truck
By William Bartusek on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Often cannot go more than 35-45 mph city, 55 mph highway driving. Against 15-20 mph wind on interstate, max speed is 65-72 mph. Dynomometer test shows 27% power/torque (109.7 hp, 135 ft-lb torque--35% greater drive train inefficiency than competive trucks. Fuel consumption is 12-17 mpg, averaging 14-15 in winter and 15-16 in summer. Mazda notified me that fuel consumption sticker values were determined by mathematical algoritms and had no empirical evidence to support the fuel consumption claims. Mazda claims that the vehicle "performs according to specifications", which is the only answer that I ever get from them.

Great Truck
By jas1229 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really like this truck I think its a great truck, It has a great V6 in it.

My B3000
By Johnha on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been quite good to me. Comfortable and quiet, the 3.0 Liter V6 seems bulletproof. Everything still works as new after 2+ years and 34000 miles. I like this truck.

Pretty truck, great price, average mpg.
By Bryan Jones on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

A good-looking, tough truck at a better price and warranty than a Ranger(same truck). 3.0 needs better mpgs. Engine has periodic rough idle and engine pings easily (many posts in forums regarding these so they are common and can be fixed). Rides stiff but handles very well. Good brakes. Check interior/exterior build quality and paint before buying VERY CAREFULLY- mine had trash and runs that needed to be fixed (never as good as factory paint). Chrome around windows causes wind noise for looks only (to be dif than Ranger).

Damn good truck
By Happy Zoomer! on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is tall! I like being up just a little bit in a pickup that is sold as 'small.' I find the truck is a smooth ride with the michelins that replaced the FS that were on it when I bought it.The transmission is smooth, and the power is enough for me (I traded in a 95 Isuzu Pup) I haven't done any off road stuff and proably wont since that isn't my life style.

Pleasantly Surprises
By Doug Atkins on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new last summer. Have not driven many of my other cars since then. I drive it everywhere. The ride is typical for a small compact truck but improves dramatically with a load. Also, the tonneau cover adds about 3 mpg to your gas mileage which is a really disappointing 17 mpg with the V6. No complaints other than that.