2001 Mazda B-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series model:
B3000 DS SX Model
By frank on 06/17/07 20:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck I've had, better than a Ranger and cheaper. Handles well in all uses, hauls very well.

Worst Performance ever for truck
By William Bartusek on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Often cannot go more than 35-45 mph city, 55 mph highway driving. Against 15-20 mph wind on interstate, max speed is 65-72 mph. Dynomometer test shows 27% power/torque (109.7 hp, 135 ft-lb torque--35% greater drive train inefficiency than competive trucks. Fuel consumption is 12-17 mpg, averaging 14-15 in winter and 15-16 in summer. Mazda notified me that fuel consumption sticker values were determined by mathematical algoritms and had no empirical evidence to support the fuel consumption claims. Mazda claims that the vehicle "performs according to specifications", which is the only answer that I ever get from them.

My B3000
By Johnha on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been quite good to me. Comfortable and quiet, the 3.0 Liter V6 seems bulletproof. Everything still works as new after 2+ years and 34000 miles. I like this truck.

Damn good truck
By Happy Zoomer! on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is tall! I like being up just a little bit in a pickup that is sold as 'small.' I find the truck is a smooth ride with the michelins that replaced the FS that were on it when I bought it.The transmission is smooth, and the power is enough for me (I traded in a 95 Isuzu Pup) I haven't done any off road stuff and proably wont since that isn't my life style.