2001 Mazda B-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series model:
Somewhat Costly To own
By palmettophil on 04/17/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car since it was new and now has 70000 miles on it. Had to replace the factory tires at 25000 miles and did not think much of it. I use this for light duty personal use with no off road or hauling. The original ball joints cracked at 40000 miles and were upgraded to better ones with grease fittings. The transmission was rebuilt at 69990 miles. The steering wheel cruise control was replaced due the disintegration of the original equipment (Common across ford and Mazda trucks).

I Liked It
By Mojo on 01/26/10 13:28 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Regular Cab B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had many problems. I had to get the ball joints on the front replaced and new rotors. I cemetric pabs on when I changed the rotors and new tires. I also have a hard shell cab on it. I avg my miles almost every time I get gas and it comes out to 19mpg combined which is fine with me, I knew when buying a truck I wouldn't get great gas mileage. I want a GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab now only b/c its bigger. I wouldn't mind keeping this as a daily driver though.

B3000 DS SX Model
By frank on 06/17/07 20:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck I've had, better than a Ranger and cheaper. Handles well in all uses, hauls very well.

dependable
By DAVE on 10/17/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck with 68k on the dash. Now the truck has 98,450 and still kicking hard like the day I bought it. Nothing has gone wrong with it; it has held up very well. expecting another 100k out of her.

B4000 is a great truck
By blackromeo on 04/14/06 17:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 4dr Cab Plus 4 B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had this truck a month; bought it used at 46,000 miles and it has been working well though the dashboard lights seem to come on sometimes when nothing is wrong - i.e. 'door ajar' when not ajar, etc. But overall this is a great truck.

Great truck
By jon on 09/13/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Regular Cab B2300 SX 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for a little over 2 years now and am very happy with it. I bought it with 30,000 miles on it and it now has 64,000. I have not had one problem with it and it still has the original tires. All that I do is oil changes. I currently get around 26 to 27mpg in mainly city driving. I have gotten as high as 33mpg on the highway before (55- 60mph). You can easily get upper 20's. Don't expect a lot of power from this truck but compared to the S-10 it does seem to have more get up and go. This is awesome basic transportation and I probably will drive it into the ground.

Clickin' Truck
By Wbjk96 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Regular Cab B2500 SE 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Mine has a 4cyl.,5-speed, and a/c.I am not impressed with the gas milage and the seats are very uncomfortable.The shifter is very rough and since about 10k miles, there is a clicking noise from the engine. It sounds like a valve tick.The dealership said there is nothing wrong.I have tried high octane fuel, but that does not help.This truck is painful to ride in and the motor is weak.I am not impressed with this Ford...Mazda.

Worst Performance ever for truck
By William Bartusek on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 DS 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Often cannot go more than 35-45 mph city, 55 mph highway driving. Against 15-20 mph wind on interstate, max speed is 65-72 mph. Dynomometer test shows 27% power/torque (109.7 hp, 135 ft-lb torque--35% greater drive train inefficiency than competive trucks. Fuel consumption is 12-17 mpg, averaging 14-15 in winter and 15-16 in summer. Mazda notified me that fuel consumption sticker values were determined by mathematical algoritms and had no empirical evidence to support the fuel consumption claims. Mazda claims that the vehicle "performs according to specifications", which is the only answer that I ever get from them.

Great Truck
By jas1229 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda B-Series 2dr Cab Plus B3000 SE 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really like this truck I think its a great truck, It has a great V6 in it.

Enjoy the ride!
By Defer on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda B-Series 4dr Cab Plus 4 B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Little bouncy on the ride. Little thirsty with the gas. Steady driver and a warm vehicle in the winter. Reliable performance at all times.