2005 Mazda B-Series Truck Consumer Review: my first new truck

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck - Consumer Review

B2300 Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

my first new truck
By jones on

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I can't speak for everyone, but I love this truck. It's my first new truck, and for what I use it for, I'm very happy with my choice. The 4.0L engine hasn't let me down yet, and no one can argue with the price. I know that there are more modern choices out there, but pick-ups are for working, not for Sunday driving. I see lots of people out there with these $35,000 dollar trucks, but ask them to move some lumber or furniture, and all they are worried about scratching the bed or the liner! I would recomend this truck to anyone who is a weekend warrior, young, or a small business owner (like myself). You can't argue with the reliability.

This truck has a basic, but functional interior. What do you expect for the price, leather and a muffin holder? You have a place for a coffee or two, a place to plug in your phone, and a half decent sound system. The seats aren't the best out there, but they aren't the worst.

I would give the truck a more aggresive look, update the powertrain a bit (not too much, look whats happening to Volkswagen), add another cab selection, and change the seats.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review