Used 2005 Mazda B-Series Truck B4000 SE Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda B-series-truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Truck model:

is this a Ford or Mazda
By bo

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Mazda truck costs less than the sister look-a-like Ford; Mazda is a "A" series of the Ford Ranger, gives very poor fuel economy, very little comfort and very expensive to repair.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include the dependability of the air conditioner.and that is about it.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if Mazda and Ford would make their trucks more this century instead of changing grills and headlights to make their vehicles new and improved for the following year; face it, your bodystyle died 10 ten years ago.

Nice, compact, durable,good warrantee.
By GGolds5

I bought this truck after selling my 02 Land Rover Discovery. A lot more reliable then Land Rover and a lot more utility being a pick-up. This truck handles better then my S-10 ZR2, Ford F-150, and Toyota Tundra.I needed a truck that would fit in the garage of my new house. Old house actually which is why garage is small.Mazda has 4/50 warrentee.Ranger 3/36.It has nicer looking trim as well. The truck is reliable, has a good size bed, and is FAST with the top 4.0 6 engine and 5 sp.Auto.Could be better on gas though, 15-17mpg is no bargain for a small truck. Main attraction for me was I didnt want another big, hard to park, harder to handle beast. Overall nice vehicle.

Favorite Features

Perfect size, reliable, good looking, easy to handle and park, does what many big trucks do for a lot less money.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly better ride, needs updated exterior design and chassis, gas mileage is only fair for a truck this size.