2005 Mazda B-Series Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Truck model:
Having the right tools for the job
By mazdamaniac on 03/02/12 22:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I cant help but notice a lot of complaints over the mazda b2300 trucks. i have owned mine for 6 years now. i have never had parts fall off randomly in this time. i drove my truck off the lot with 10 miles on the odometer i have tried burying it in 3 ft of mud. i towed a ford f150 out of the mud that day(stock b2300 is a limited slip 2 wd vehicle)i have driven the oregon dunes, and river roads.only got stuck twice ever.I have put the truck in a drift coarse made of dirt/ gravel. drag raced it, pulled boats, trailers, wood hauls and more. if your truck is falling apart you might consider a rig more specialized to your driving needs but i cant imagine my P.U. failing in reasonable circumstance.

Bummed with this truck
By mtgal2531 on 02/22/10 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 4dr Extended Cab B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've driven many trucks over the years while delivering mail in a rugged, rural area and was told by the dealer this truck "would hold up" under the tough conditions I put them through. Not true! The mud flaps are long gone being attached with flimsy plastic fasteners and small screws, in addition to a mud holding pocket design. They put a fuel vent underneath the truck that plugs with mud/snow so it's next to impossible to fill it with fuel. When in deep snow the radiator gets covered with snow and the truck looses power & stops. Shifting has become very difficult, and the radio works poorly. I'm going back to a Toyota or Nissan 4x4 truck-- this one needs to stay on the highway!!

Disappointed with Truck
By Robin on 02/20/07 21:09 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 4dr Extended Cab B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As someone who puts a truck through its paces 6 days a week on rough, dirt roads, I have been somewhat disappointed with this vehicle. I've had one side mirror replaced that wouldn't hold its position, one headlight which was loose, the rear pinion seal replaced twice, the mud flaps on the rear replaced and modified (the lip on the bottom of the flaps hold mud and snow and the weight pulls the flap off since they are not attached except by one bolt and two screws), I am currently waiting for a replacement valve on the top of the fuel tank that sometimes prevents fuel from entering the fuel tank at a normal speed. Even the service manager is unhappy with this truck's number of problems!

is this a Ford or Mazda
By bo on 09/07/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 4dr Extended Cab B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Mazda truck costs less than the sister look-a-like Ford; Mazda is a "A" series of the Ford Ranger, gives very poor fuel economy, very little comfort and very expensive to repair.

My Baby
By jonjenn9699 on 05/17/05 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Truck is great, just should have gotten a liner with it but thats my fault not theirs. I love this truck, Its a small reliable truck with enough space to hull pretty much what ever you want. Its fun to drive and has some get up and go for a four banger.

my first new truck
By jones on 04/07/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 4dr Extended Cab B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I can't speak for everyone, but I love this truck. It's my first new truck, and for what I use it for, I'm very happy with my choice. The 4.0L engine hasn't let me down yet, and no one can argue with the price. I know that there are more modern choices out there, but pick-ups are for working, not for Sunday driving. I see lots of people out there with these $35,000 dollar trucks, but ask them to move some lumber or furniture, and all they are worried about scratching the bed or the liner! I would recomend this truck to anyone who is a weekend warrior, young, or a small business owner (like myself). You can't argue with the reliability.

Mazda trucks
By T. Weiss on 03/10/05 14:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 2dr Regular Cab B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

As an owner of a 2004 B3000 dual sport, this is my seventh Mazda truck that I have owned, all of them new except one, which I traded in for my dual sport. None of these truck have given me any problems at all. I like the feel, comfort, and performance that Mazda builds. I have owned a 1997 Chevy Z-71 and had problems with the transmission, so I went back to Mazda and will not own any other make truck. Mazda makes a very reliable vehicle, and with the look of the dual sport, it is very attractive. Mine is silver and love every moment I get behind the wheel.

Unimpressed
By mazda nut on 01/14/05 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 4dr Extended Cab B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Truck had some power for a mini pick-up but over all the quality of this Ranger rebadged as a Mazda is sad. Mazda had a good truck before Ford tinkered with it. I have been a loyal Mazda driver for many years now but this one I would have to pass on.

Nice, compact, durable,good warrantee.
By GGolds5 on 12/11/04 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 4dr Extended Cab B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after selling my 02 Land Rover Discovery. A lot more reliable then Land Rover and a lot more utility being a pick-up. This truck handles better then my S-10 ZR2, Ford F-150, and Toyota Tundra.I needed a truck that would fit in the garage of my new house. Old house actually which is why garage is small.Mazda has 4/50 warrentee.Ranger 3/36.It has nicer looking trim as well. The truck is reliable, has a good size bed, and is FAST with the top 4.0 6 engine and 5 sp.Auto.Could be better on gas though, 15-17mpg is no bargain for a small truck. Main attraction for me was I didnt want another big, hard to park, harder to handle beast. Overall nice vehicle.

2005 madza b2300
By Sam on 12/06/04 23:19 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda B-Series Truck 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this is a good little truck if you are not interested in serious power and durability.