Used 2004 Mazda B-Series Truck B3000 Dual Sport Cab Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda B-series-truck - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus

View reviews for a specific B-Series Truck model:

Not getting another one...
By Serena

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck ran great the first year and a half I had it. Then it started idling very rough. Then the engine light came on. It took a while for the mechanic to figure out what the problem was because of how few miles were on it. I ended up having to replace the entire top end, (heads, valves, ect...) at 78000 miles. I did not overheat it or abuse it. Also, I found out that is is just a re-badged Ranger. Many parts that I have replaced are not for a Mazda B3000 but for a Ford Ranger. I reliably get 18 mpg out of it. The doors rattle and the rear end tends to hop alittle unloaded on rough dirt roads.

Favorite Features

Good power, handles well on dry paved roads.

Suggested Improvements

Locking rear axle, mileage, seat comfort.

Great Truck for the Money
By don d

This is the 2nd Mazda truck I have owned and I am pleased with the overall quality, better warranty than the Ranger and Mazda dealers put Ford to shame in service. Fuel economy could be better and the 5 speed auto is alittle slow to respond but overall quality is awesome. Mazda only problem seems to be keeping dealers in stock on trucks.

Favorite Features

Body style of Dual Sport and firmness of ride. Seat comfort is better than most trucks out there. Fit and Finish is excellent as it is on all Mazda products,also have a Mazda 6

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is terrible and parts in stock at dealers could be better. Better access to rear cab on 2 door ext cab. Better choice of seat fabric

Modifications Needed
By Luis E. Guzman Jr.

The exterior design of the Mada B3000 truck is awesome. The interior of the truck resembles that of a Ford Ranger which is something that is not appreciated. I consider Mazda to be an outstanding motomobile company that needs not to "copy" the interior design of competetive automobile industries. For what is worth, My Mazda extended cab B3000 series trucks is something that I am currently happy with. Although I would not mind changing the interior of it. This is my second Mazda pick-up.

Favorite Features

The Dual Sport exterior body is one of my favorite and the spacious interior.

Suggested Improvements

The interior should be different to that of a Ford Ranger.

the under rated truck
By jrecords

in the time ive owned my truck i have never had a problem,also i have not seen any used in the area but i see them on the road all the time a friend of mine said that he keeped his because it has never let him down and still keeps on runing their is something to be said about a truck that is still around long after people trade in their trucks because they are unhappy. i highly dissagree with edmunds review of the mazda trucks cons

Favorite Features

more standerd equipment than most trucks

2003 B3000
By Ed Meyers

I have a 2003 B2000 model which currently only has 900 miles, so it's early to rate some things. I dislike, however, the seat belt retractor, which almost always gets tangled up and I have to undo it. Power seems good and it's easy to handle. I previously owned a Ford Ranger for 10 years and loved it, but had similiar problems with seat belt. My mpg was much better on the Ranger, although it was a 5-speed 4 cylinder, which my new truck is an automatic 6 cylinder.

Favorite Features

The extra room in the back with the extra doors is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the selt belt retractor and make the mgg better.