2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Truck model:
Not getting another one...
By Serena on 11/11/09 23:21 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B3000 Dual Sport Rwd SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck ran great the first year and a half I had it. Then it started idling very rough. Then the engine light came on. It took a while for the mechanic to figure out what the problem was because of how few miles were on it. I ended up having to replace the entire top end, (heads, valves, ect...) at 78000 miles. I did not overheat it or abuse it. Also, I found out that is is just a re-badged Ranger. Many parts that I have replaced are not for a Mazda B3000 but for a Ford Ranger. I reliably get 18 mpg out of it. The doors rattle and the rear end tends to hop alittle unloaded on rough dirt roads.

Solid, Fun Drive
By Bill on 04/21/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B2300 SE Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little truck. I bought it used with 60K miles and it still feels very tight with no squeaks or rattles. The 5 speed and clutch are smooth with good spacing between the gears. ABS brakes are excellent. The 4 cylinder is more than adequate for normal driving and gets decent mileage. While far from plush, the interior is very livable. Seating is firm with good support and is comfortable on long trips. Controls, A/C and ventilation are excellent and there's plenty of leg room for six footers. A practical truck that's also lots of fun to drive.

A good value
By Slavic on 10/27/06 22:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I paid $18,300 for this truck brand new. There are probably better small trucks out there, but not at this price. For what I paid, I'm quite happy.

Great Truck for the Money
By don d on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the 2nd Mazda truck I have owned and I am pleased with the overall quality, better warranty than the Ranger and Mazda dealers put Ford to shame in service. Fuel economy could be better and the 5 speed auto is alittle slow to respond but overall quality is awesome. Mazda only problem seems to be keeping dealers in stock on trucks.

Mazda Truck 4000
By sego1 on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Mine is a Model 4000 V-6; Bought this little Truck in Feb. 2003, wanted a Ford Ranger Edge but they didn't have the 2 rear drs. w/the 4.0 litre V- 6.However the looks are great! Some minor complaints are: 1. I avg. only 18.5 mpg., 2. There is no map light. 3. The seat fabric stains too easy. 4. The door ajar light came on when I turned left, or curved left. 5. I had to turn the front brake rotors already. Good items are: 1.Power Galor! 2. Fun to drive 3.My Golf Clubs fit perfectly in the rear of cab. 4.and Boy does it carry a load!

mazda truck
By jmr on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good compact truck that is relatively cheap. It does everything most people will need except for large towing. A great entry level truck. The gas mileage is very poor. 5 speed automatic transmission seems to have problems slipping. overall a good truck.

Modifications Needed
By Luis E. Guzman Jr. on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The exterior design of the Mada B3000 truck is awesome. The interior of the truck resembles that of a Ford Ranger which is something that is not appreciated. I consider Mazda to be an outstanding motomobile company that needs not to "copy" the interior design of competetive automobile industries. For what is worth, My Mazda extended cab B3000 series trucks is something that I am currently happy with. Although I would not mind changing the interior of it. This is my second Mazda pick-up.

the under rated truck
By jrecords on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

in the time ive owned my truck i have never had a problem,also i have not seen any used in the area but i see them on the road all the time a friend of mine said that he keeped his because it has never let him down and still keeps on runing their is something to be said about a truck that is still around long after people trade in their trucks because they are unhappy. i highly dissagree with edmunds review of the mazda trucks cons

Don't sell this one short!
By Dicksgarden1 on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Cab Plus 2dr Cab Plus B4000 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck!.......No problems at all! Runs like a champ!..Nice ride for a pickup......Would recomend it to anyone needing a small pickup.

2003 B3000
By Ed Meyers on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I have a 2003 B2000 model which currently only has 900 miles, so it's early to rate some things. I dislike, however, the seat belt retractor, which almost always gets tangled up and I have to undo it. Power seems good and it's easy to handle. I previously owned a Ford Ranger for 10 years and loved it, but had similiar problems with seat belt. My mpg was much better on the Ranger, although it was a 5-speed 4 cylinder, which my new truck is an automatic 6 cylinder.