2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Great Truck
By mundo939 on 04/20/11 15:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck has 225,000 miles with very poor maintenance, Its my daily work vehicle and it never caused to me any big problem, just wear parts replacement some engine sensors but engine never opened. Great truck for the price, I recommend it to everybody.

Fun to Get Stuck
By Seth Wells on 04/29/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a great truck for around town. I have found it can't pull to well or go mudding much, but it sure feels fun to get it stuck alot. I am always getting compliments from those pulling me out how far I make it with a rear wheel drive only truck.

Good truck, but
By jimkeith on 04/05/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a great little truck with a couple of exceptions. My dealer told me it would handle my boat. Yes but at what price? 10 mpg. pulling the boat,and maybe 50 mph on any kind of hill (2200 lbs). The owners manual says 3500 towing. It is no where near that in real life. Also the gas mileage is not great @ 18 mpg.empty and that is with a bed cover.

Great small truck value
By Steve Smith on 12/05/08 06:45 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great value for small pickup. I now have 49000 miles on it, only replaced thermostat. Very reliable.

Little work horse and play toy
By work and play on 10/24/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I beat the hell out of this truck and I have put it in place that I shouldn't be. The 4wd has never let me down. For a mid sized truck the payload is great. I treat this truck like a truck. Work work work and it gives gives and gives. I have never asked it to do something and it was not able to do it. Oh yeah it is also a great fun truck to drive. It has taken me fishing many many times. I really enjoy driving this truck. It is fun and I really look forward to driving it. I car pool and I take turns driving from week to week and I get excited about driving cause I get to drive my truck. Get a Mazda b3000 you will not regret it

Excellent truck
By steven kenske on 05/07/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

The B-2500 series is a very good truck. I bought the truck new (in 2000) and have had it since. I have over 133,000 miles on my truck. It is very dependable. I just had my clutch replaced, but other than that, the truck is in top form. the exterior is in good shape to since I still have the original paint job. Highly recommended!

not bad for $7,000
By depotdude258 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B3000 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck. I Wish it was a 4WD. Other than that it has ok gas mileage and reasonable comfort. Although without cruise control its not real great on long trips. If i ever get another truck i will definitately get a MAZDA

An OK Truck
By Chrizzie on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B3000 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

For a person who is not into trucks this truck is okay. Cannot complain about price. Truck was originally @ $15000.00 and got it for just over $11,000.00. Gas milage seems okay. Problem with sensors going out. I keep having problems with the engine "pinging" no matter what kind of gas is put into it. Have confronted dealership about "pinging" several times and I am not getting anywhere. Truck has 32 thousand miles on it.

My 2000 Mazda B2500 SE Regular Cab
By GatorWes on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Overall, the truck has been a delight to own. Really researched my purchase and for the money, I think this is one of the best values on the road. To date, I've put roughly 60,000 miles on the vehicle and have had no engine related problems to speak of. The only "major" problem I have had was the heater went out at about 35,000 miles, which was promptly fixed by the dealership. As another reviewer mentioned, the CD player does tend to get excessively hot after extended use, so the CD's come out of the player nearly scalding hot, however the CD player and speaker system sound terrific. The gas mileage should be better, as I get 22 mpg with an automatic.

Great Truck for the Money
By RMooney on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I had been searching for some time for a pickup that was both economical to operate and comfortable to drive. The Mazda B2500 fits both criteria with added bonuses thrown in. I am 6'3" tall and I usually have a difficult time getting in and out of the smaller sized pickups. I have tried , Isuzu, Dodge Dakota,Etc....all with the same result...I feel like I need to unfold after climbing in or out. I can actually sit upright in a Mazda B2500! I have also been averaging 28-30 mpg!