2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
good little truck
By brandon on 02/10/09 20:56 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a ranger before the mazda and they are about the same inside, look alikes by ford. Bought this little truck when gas was $4 a gallon and the astetics of the truck i like but i only get around 15mpg with it is a auto but my ranger 2.3 was around 20. I have to run supreme in mine or i get the "pinging" when i am on the highway. Was alittle disappointed in the lack of power in the 3.0. But i love the truck but i think i am going back to a diesel. Same mpg but bigger and the differance between supreme and diesel is about .10. Little sluggish on the hi-way. Overall i say that it is a good little truck for what it was made for. My dad road in the excab for 500 miles. he is tuffer than i am.

Look Out Ford
By Musicolorful on 08/02/05 03:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has exceeded all of my expectations for a small truck. We've hauled heavy loads over mountain passes, frequently taken it off-road and even commuted in it for a few months. It's comfortable and reliable. I was a Ford girl, test driving Rangers, when I found this truck for a better price. I have no regrets.

Nice little truck
By eaglezfan on 02/04/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 TL 4dr Extended Cab SB

Getting ready to sell this truck, but it has been a very good vehicle for the past 5 1/2 years. Constant engine pinging forced me to use premium fuel (as per Mazda recommendation); O2 sensor went out early, but fixed fine. Didn't handle great in windy conditions. My dog loved riding in it!

B3000 is a good truck
By Mr Bill on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has never been back to the dealer. We do oil changes as necessary as well as other maintenance. The only dig are the two jump seats as they are quite uncomfortable although the truck was not bought for them. We have loaded lots of dirt, towed trailers, and generally treated this truck like a truck and have no complaints.

B3000
By John710 on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

No power with bad gas milage. Loud wind noise between doors

Pretty good Truck
By Mandoman on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Overall, this is a pretty good little workhorse truck. The dealer was responsive on the recall issues for the windshield wipers switch and the replacement of the central control system computer which eliminated the pinging problem. This truck has been very reliable and the costs for service at the dealership have been lowerthan expected. The B3000 could use more power.

Highly recommended
By cbauer on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this '99 B4000SE 4WD in July 2001, very happy w/ vehicle. Std trans. w/ 4.0L 6-cyl is definitely truck-like - plenty of torque for hauling, but not zippy on the highway unless you really push up the rpms. If you accept that it's a truck and not a sportscar, it's a pleasure to drive, wonderful for hauling/towing, reliable, and handsome to boot. Ex. cab is not for adults, but just fine for my little boy. Body holding up well in Northeast snow/salt. Roomier-feeling cab than Toyota. Quiet for a truck, able to enjoy sound system. Overall, love it!

Lots of miles and lots of smiles
By Happy Mazda Mom on 02/27/02 01:57 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have put 60,000 miles on my 2000 Mazda B4000, and I have loved every tenth. I've driven this truck cross country, and I don't have a bad word to say about how this truck was built, or its power, handling, etc. I have owned 6 new vehicles, and I have kept this truck longer than all of them, including a '99 Mustang GT, and a '00 ZX2 S/R! So take it from me; Mazda's the way to go if you want a reliable, dependable compact truck!