Used 2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Look Out Ford
By Musicolorful

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has exceeded all of my expectations for a small truck. We've hauled heavy loads over mountain passes, frequently taken it off-road and even commuted in it for a few months. It's comfortable and reliable. I was a Ford girl, test driving Rangers, when I found this truck for a better price. I have no regrets.

Favorite Features

Roomy cab. Nice security extras (I can turn on the dome light from across the parking lot at night). VERY reliable.

Suggested Improvements

I didn't like paying an arm and a leg to replace the microchip key (original owner had lost the spare) ... and it doesn't have an ashtray.

Highly recommended
By cbauer

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this '99 B4000SE 4WD in July 2001, very happy w/ vehicle. Std trans. w/ 4.0L 6-cyl is definitely truck-like - plenty of torque for hauling, but not zippy on the highway unless you really push up the rpms. If you accept that it's a truck and not a sportscar, it's a pleasure to drive, wonderful for hauling/towing, reliable, and handsome to boot. Ex. cab is not for adults, but just fine for my little boy. Body holding up well in Northeast snow/salt. Roomier-feeling cab than Toyota. Quiet for a truck, able to enjoy sound system. Overall, love it!

Favorite Features

Identical to Ford Ranger but less expensive.

Suggested Improvements

Suggest getting rid of Firestone tires (orig equip) and putting on a good pair of all-terrain tires - what an improvement in handling (esp. snow)! Replaced air filter w/ hi-performance, bed liner and edge guards, receiver hitch recommended if you do any hauling.

Lots of miles and lots of smiles
By Happy Mazda Mom

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have put 60,000 miles on my 2000 Mazda B4000, and I have loved every tenth. I've driven this truck cross country, and I don't have a bad word to say about how this truck was built, or its power, handling, etc. I have owned 6 new vehicles, and I have kept this truck longer than all of them, including a '99 Mustang GT, and a '00 ZX2 S/R! So take it from me; Mazda's the way to go if you want a reliable, dependable compact truck!

Favorite Features

Barely any "blind spots", Everything's easily accesible, Lots of towing power

Suggested Improvements

The back seats are difficult for adult riders, a full bench seat in the back would make this truck perfect.