2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Great Truck
By mundo939 on 04/20/11 15:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck has 225,000 miles with very poor maintenance, Its my daily work vehicle and it never caused to me any big problem, just wear parts replacement some engine sensors but engine never opened. Great truck for the price, I recommend it to everybody.

Fun to Get Stuck
By Seth Wells on 04/29/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a great truck for around town. I have found it can't pull to well or go mudding much, but it sure feels fun to get it stuck alot. I am always getting compliments from those pulling me out how far I make it with a rear wheel drive only truck.

Good truck, but
By jimkeith on 04/05/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a great little truck with a couple of exceptions. My dealer told me it would handle my boat. Yes but at what price? 10 mpg. pulling the boat,and maybe 50 mph on any kind of hill (2200 lbs). The owners manual says 3500 towing. It is no where near that in real life. Also the gas mileage is not great @ 18 mpg.empty and that is with a bed cover.

good little truck
By brandon on 02/10/09 20:56 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a ranger before the mazda and they are about the same inside, look alikes by ford. Bought this little truck when gas was $4 a gallon and the astetics of the truck i like but i only get around 15mpg with it is a auto but my ranger 2.3 was around 20. I have to run supreme in mine or i get the "pinging" when i am on the highway. Was alittle disappointed in the lack of power in the 3.0. But i love the truck but i think i am going back to a diesel. Same mpg but bigger and the differance between supreme and diesel is about .10. Little sluggish on the hi-way. Overall i say that it is a good little truck for what it was made for. My dad road in the excab for 500 miles. he is tuffer than i am.

Great small truck value
By Steve Smith on 12/05/08 06:45 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great value for small pickup. I now have 49000 miles on it, only replaced thermostat. Very reliable.

Little work horse and play toy
By work and play on 10/24/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I beat the hell out of this truck and I have put it in place that I shouldn't be. The 4wd has never let me down. For a mid sized truck the payload is great. I treat this truck like a truck. Work work work and it gives gives and gives. I have never asked it to do something and it was not able to do it. Oh yeah it is also a great fun truck to drive. It has taken me fishing many many times. I really enjoy driving this truck. It is fun and I really look forward to driving it. I car pool and I take turns driving from week to week and I get excited about driving cause I get to drive my truck. Get a Mazda b3000 you will not regret it

Excellent truck
By steven kenske on 05/07/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

The B-2500 series is a very good truck. I bought the truck new (in 2000) and have had it since. I have over 133,000 miles on my truck. It is very dependable. I just had my clutch replaced, but other than that, the truck is in top form. the exterior is in good shape to since I still have the original paint job. Highly recommended!

Look Out Ford
By Musicolorful on 08/02/05 03:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has exceeded all of my expectations for a small truck. We've hauled heavy loads over mountain passes, frequently taken it off-road and even commuted in it for a few months. It's comfortable and reliable. I was a Ford girl, test driving Rangers, when I found this truck for a better price. I have no regrets.

Nice little truck
By eaglezfan on 02/04/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 TL 4dr Extended Cab SB

Getting ready to sell this truck, but it has been a very good vehicle for the past 5 1/2 years. Constant engine pinging forced me to use premium fuel (as per Mazda recommendation); O2 sensor went out early, but fixed fine. Didn't handle great in windy conditions. My dog loved riding in it!

B3000 is a good truck
By Mr Bill on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has never been back to the dealer. We do oil changes as necessary as well as other maintenance. The only dig are the two jump seats as they are quite uncomfortable although the truck was not bought for them. We have loaded lots of dirt, towed trailers, and generally treated this truck like a truck and have no complaints.