Used 2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Great Truck
By mundo939

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck has 225,000 miles with very poor maintenance, Its my daily work vehicle and it never caused to me any big problem, just wear parts replacement some engine sensors but engine never opened. Great truck for the price, I recommend it to everybody.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and replacement parts are not expensives.

Suggested Improvements

Their seats are not confortable.

Fun to Get Stuck
By Seth Wells

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a great truck for around town. I have found it can't pull to well or go mudding much, but it sure feels fun to get it stuck alot. I am always getting compliments from those pulling me out how far I make it with a rear wheel drive only truck.

Favorite Features

Love the ability it has to manuver how you want it to, even for a small truck it is decint

Suggested Improvements

It would do better to have a little bit bigger engine and they should think about the slide open rear window.

Good truck, but
By jimkeith

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a great little truck with a couple of exceptions. My dealer told me it would handle my boat. Yes but at what price? 10 mpg. pulling the boat,and maybe 50 mph on any kind of hill (2200 lbs). The owners manual says 3500 towing. It is no where near that in real life. Also the gas mileage is not great @ 18 mpg.empty and that is with a bed cover.

Favorite Features

Easy to park and maneuver. Great looks, sounds pretty but too loud.

Suggested Improvements

It's too late for this one. I think Ford finally realized this and the 3.0 engine is no longer an option. This is one engine that should never have been produced in a truck.

good little truck
By brandon

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a ranger before the mazda and they are about the same inside, look alikes by ford. Bought this little truck when gas was $4 a gallon and the astetics of the truck i like but i only get around 15mpg with it is a auto but my ranger 2.3 was around 20. I have to run supreme in mine or i get the "pinging" when i am on the highway. Was alittle disappointed in the lack of power in the 3.0. But i love the truck but i think i am going back to a diesel. Same mpg but bigger and the differance between supreme and diesel is about .10. Little sluggish on the hi-way. Overall i say that it is a good little truck for what it was made for. My dad road in the excab for 500 miles. he is tuffer than i am.

Favorite Features

I like the shape of the body verses the ranger of the same year. THe mazda sets a little higher off of the ground, for a 2wd, than most other trucks.

Suggested Improvements

little more room and better fuel ecomony. Power could be increased as well

Great small truck value
By Steve Smith

2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great value for small pickup. I now have 49000 miles on it, only replaced thermostat. Very reliable.

Favorite Features

Easy to park, cheep to run, good gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

More room in cab.