1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Consumer Review: best vehicle i've owned

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Review

B2500 SE Extended Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

best vehicle i've owned
By problemcat13 on

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I love this truck! The only thing it could use is more power. I get great MPG(24.3MPG driving hard up a long mountain daily). Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, 87K miles and not one drop of oil ANYWHERE on the engine (no leaks, no seepage) and I DRIVE HARD. Throwout bearing whines since I bought at 37K, hard driving has made it worse, replacing soon. Other than that, NO repairs! Handles better than many cars, I really throw it into the turns! 4x2 model, but clearance of a 4x4. Great driving position, just wish you could put a child seat in the back seat. Overdrive gear (manual) is geared very high for highway cruising. Buy this truck!

Reliability, reliability, reliability! Great handling, good gas mileage, comfortable for long trips, ground clearance (I've driven over logs), really bright headlights (hardly ever use bright beams), looks, the 4-doors, well-built engine.

More horsepower from the 2.5L engine.