Used 1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Fantastic vehicle
By Gary Norris

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

We bought our Mazda truck almost 4 years ago and the only reason the previous owner was selling it was because he had terminal cancer and could no longer drive.We have gotten so much value and dependability from our truck and it still runs strong.We could not ever sell our truck and it has been so dependable for us.Never once has it ever broken down on us and parts seem to last forever.The only part we have had to replace is things that require general upkeep .The battery is our only replacement .We service it every 3 months for oil changing and to make sure all the belts and hoses are good.Never have had to replace any yet.I strongly suggest considering a Mazda for your next vehicle.We have a 2008 Mazda 6 and she runs strong too.They build vehicles to last and last.

B2500 Mazda pu SE
By james klinefelter

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this new in 1999 and it has been a perfect utility vehicle. No problems at all and has been in shop only for routine maintenance which is minimal. Still all the original systems including brakes. Just replaced the original tires. Rides smooth for a small truck and handles well in all conditions for a two wheel drive. Good gas mileage and simple systems and controls. It's a 4 cylinder (which I recommend for reliability) and a manual transmission. Paint and trim are still like new.

Carries a heavy load well, fun to drive, nimble and easy to park, looks great with better lines than the close cousin, Ranger. Simple systems and not much to break down, always reliable. The longest I have ever kept a vehicle with the lowest maintenance costs.

none

99 Mazda B2500 best truck ever bought
By Steve

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my 99 Mazda B2500 new (12 miles) April of 1999. Truck has 195,000 on it, replaced orginal tires at 79K, alternator replaced at 145K and replaced started at 187K, those are the only things have replaced. Had Oil + filter changed every 3,500 miles. Original clutch, manual transmission no problems. Paint was excellent, no peeling no rust up in harsh New England winters/weather, having to sell it because of left knee problems, can no longer drive standards.

B2500 stance, platenium paint, alum alloy wheels, great truck, washed well, maintained good shine after wash/wax.

the 2.5 Litre needed more power, could have used a little more cab room, another foot or so.

Get in, Be moved
By Buddy

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

A few minor items were fixed by local dealer during warranty period. My only repair expense - air control for engine intake $52 part that I replaced myself nearly 2 years ago. Tires were replaced by Firestone/Bridgestone under warranty @ 18,000 miles no charge, I'm still on those tires. Original battery is still good. Please tell me of a more reliable, low operation cost pickup truck.

Average 27.8 to 30.3 mpg. That's great! 800 pounds in bed, no problem. Comfortable interior. Good sound system. I like the storage areas behind the seats & the glove box plus console storage areas. Full size spare. A/C & heater work great.

A SVO supercharged 5.4 V-8 with AWD would be a good option. I'm thinking about buying a salvage Mountaineer for the running gear & powering with a 5.8 V-8. All of this would just bolt in. Wonder if it would hurt the fuel mileage. The B-2500 chrome badges will remain.

mazdatruck
By truck owner

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

interior craftsmanship is poor at best.
electronic sensors seem to fail quite often.
suspension needed replacement parts too
soon. interior lights almost completely
burned out.