Used 1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Fantastic vehicle
By Gary Norris

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

We bought our Mazda truck almost 4 years ago and the only reason the previous owner was selling it was because he had terminal cancer and could no longer drive.We have gotten so much value and dependability from our truck and it still runs strong.We could not ever sell our truck and it has been so dependable for us.Never once has it ever broken down on us and parts seem to last forever.The only part we have had to replace is things that require general upkeep .The battery is our only replacement .We service it every 3 months for oil changing and to make sure all the belts and hoses are good.Never have had to replace any yet.I strongly suggest considering a Mazda for your next vehicle.We have a 2008 Mazda 6 and she runs strong too.They build vehicles to last and last.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By myb2500

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a website dedicated to my year 2000 Mazda B2500 SX, and the reason is because this truck is simply unbeatable in terms of reliability, affordability, and durability. I've put some money into getting things fixed, but I've largely been able to do all the fixes myself, from a clutch to U-joint, to an alternator, to a starter. At this point, if I had to put $1500 into it to get the transmission rebuilt, for instance (which I won't have to because it's 5-speed tranny is bulletproof), I'd spend the money. Sure I could buy a new vehicle at that point, but why? I have one of the best little trucks the world has ever seen!

Gas mileage, simplicity, cheap parts when I need to replace something, its ability to simply eat up the road mile after mile! All sorts of people were telling me not to drive it from NC to ND for my job, but I took the risk because I believed in it, and sure enough, it proved to be the little truck that could and can.

the little truck that could
By chatammann

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought this truck used 9 yrs ago as light general duty truck. It was the most reliable vehicle we ever owned. It became my first car in 09 when i was 16. In 9 years the only problems were a bad ignition and leaking roof, that's it! The thing was tougher than any truck Ive ever seen, a bumpy gravel road at 60 mph was a walk in the park. I cant believe a truck could get 24 mpg and it may not have much power but that's why its light duty. The 5 spd manual had perfect gear ratios. My truck was mazda ZOOM ZOOM fast but not really haha, topped out at 80. it was eventually rear ended by a truck going 70 mph but i was okay, it got annihilated but saved my life.

gas mileage, hilariously basic interior, reliability, fun to driveness

idk if mazda still makes 4 cyl trucks but if so an optional turbo for extra hp

B2500 Mazda pu SE
By james klinefelter

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this new in 1999 and it has been a perfect utility vehicle. No problems at all and has been in shop only for routine maintenance which is minimal. Still all the original systems including brakes. Just replaced the original tires. Rides smooth for a small truck and handles well in all conditions for a two wheel drive. Good gas mileage and simple systems and controls. It's a 4 cylinder (which I recommend for reliability) and a manual transmission. Paint and trim are still like new.

Carries a heavy load well, fun to drive, nimble and easy to park, looks great with better lines than the close cousin, Ranger. Simple systems and not much to break down, always reliable. The longest I have ever kept a vehicle with the lowest maintenance costs.

none

99 Mazda B2500 best truck ever bought
By Steve

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my 99 Mazda B2500 new (12 miles) April of 1999. Truck has 195,000 on it, replaced orginal tires at 79K, alternator replaced at 145K and replaced started at 187K, those are the only things have replaced. Had Oil + filter changed every 3,500 miles. Original clutch, manual transmission no problems. Paint was excellent, no peeling no rust up in harsh New England winters/weather, having to sell it because of left knee problems, can no longer drive standards.

B2500 stance, platenium paint, alum alloy wheels, great truck, washed well, maintained good shine after wash/wax.

the 2.5 Litre needed more power, could have used a little more cab room, another foot or so.