1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By myb2500 on 02/14/14 21:34 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a website dedicated to my year 2000 Mazda B2500 SX, and the reason is because this truck is simply unbeatable in terms of reliability, affordability, and durability. I've put some money into getting things fixed, but I've largely been able to do all the fixes myself, from a clutch to U-joint, to an alternator, to a starter. At this point, if I had to put $1500 into it to get the transmission rebuilt, for instance (which I won't have to because it's 5-speed tranny is bulletproof), I'd spend the money. Sure I could buy a new vehicle at that point, but why? I have one of the best little trucks the world has ever seen!

the little truck that could
By chatammann on 04/15/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought this truck used 9 yrs ago as light general duty truck. It was the most reliable vehicle we ever owned. It became my first car in 09 when i was 16. In 9 years the only problems were a bad ignition and leaking roof, that's it! The thing was tougher than any truck Ive ever seen, a bumpy gravel road at 60 mph was a walk in the park. I cant believe a truck could get 24 mpg and it may not have much power but that's why its light duty. The 5 spd manual had perfect gear ratios. My truck was mazda ZOOM ZOOM fast but not really haha, topped out at 80. it was eventually rear ended by a truck going 70 mph but i was okay, it got annihilated but saved my life.

B2500 Mazda pu SE
By james klinefelter on 03/30/10 16:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this new in 1999 and it has been a perfect utility vehicle. No problems at all and has been in shop only for routine maintenance which is minimal. Still all the original systems including brakes. Just replaced the original tires. Rides smooth for a small truck and handles well in all conditions for a two wheel drive. Good gas mileage and simple systems and controls. It's a 4 cylinder (which I recommend for reliability) and a manual transmission. Paint and trim are still like new.

99 Mazda B2500 best truck ever bought
By Steve on 03/04/10 17:42 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my 99 Mazda B2500 new (12 miles) April of 1999. Truck has 195,000 on it, replaced orginal tires at 79K, alternator replaced at 145K and replaced started at 187K, those are the only things have replaced. Had Oil + filter changed every 3,500 miles. Original clutch, manual transmission no problems. Paint was excellent, no peeling no rust up in harsh New England winters/weather, having to sell it because of left knee problems, can no longer drive standards.

My truck
By Lane on 09/17/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

Since purchase new I haven't had one single mechanical problem with this truck. If your truck shakes at highway speeds check your tires and alignment. If your engine is too loud, get a muffler or repair your exhaust system.

little black truck
By blakeslee on 01/01/07 04:02 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 TL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck for 7 years. No big problems at all. Wiper switch failed and the odometer quit at 72000. I am at 98,000 miles so far and see no reason it won't go 200k. Just change the oil every 3500 miles and it'll treat you well.

Get in, Be moved
By Buddy on 04/18/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

A few minor items were fixed by local dealer during warranty period. My only repair expense - air control for engine intake $52 part that I replaced myself nearly 2 years ago. Tires were replaced by Firestone/Bridgestone under warranty @ 18,000 miles no charge, I'm still on those tires. Original battery is still good. Please tell me of a more reliable, low operation cost pickup truck.

leom
By leom715 on 02/05/06 03:11 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 TL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Overall has been reliable. However has annoying things that have failed. The odometer quit at 72,000 miles, the passenger seat lever snapped at 68,000 miles, and the windshield wiper turns on once in awhile all by itself.

Props
By Sara on 01/27/05 23:10 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for 5 years now and have had zero problems. It plows through snow, has good acceleration, and the interior is still in awesome shape. I had it rust proofed and the paint sealed so it looks like it did 5 years ago. When I am ready to sell this truck, someone is going to get very lucky. My only gripe would be that the 3.0 V6 engine is a bit of a guzzler. I get around 17-21 mpg. For being a 4x4 that is fairly high off the ground, it handles very well and has a tight turning radius. This has been a great truck.

mazdatruck
By truck owner on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

interior craftsmanship is poor at best. electronic sensors seem to fail quite often. suspension needed replacement parts too soon. interior lights almost completely burned out.