Used 1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

131k Miles - Still Running Strong
By jonathanh96

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've been under this vehicle a lot, and let me tell you, for it being a midsize truck it is built like a brick BLEEP-house. It's a V6, pulling a heavy mid size truck, this isn't one of those small pickups, it is a mid size truck that gets close to the same MPG as small pickups, esp. since I have the 4WD. For a truck that is 16 years old, it is running like a beast. I was out shooting and a full size truck (Chevy Silverado) was stuck at the bottom of a hill in some soft dirt. My little truck in 4WD was able to pull the truck out of the soft dirt, and up the dirt hill, and his truck had no power the entire time. Vehicle has great MPG, great performance (for what it is) & it's reliable

Favorite Features

* 4WD * Cruise Control * Control (has sway bars, nice stock shocks, etc) * Stick Shift (There's some in automatic as-well, but if you know how to drive stick, you're best off getting a stick) * Because it's essentially a Ford ranger on crack, (i.e it's the same design, but Mazda did a much better execution, and it's more high quality) you can use tons of ford ranger parts on your Mazda * MPG Is great, I average about 19 MPG on a 16 year old truck, and that's with MY driving (Kind of a lead foot) *Cosmetics are BEAUTIFUL

Suggested Improvements

A bigger stock exhaust would've been nice, that way you get better MPG & it sounds like a beefier truck. I'm currently in the process of installing a Gibson exhaust to improve the power if I ever need it, and improve the MPG for normal driving. Honestly, there's not much that could improve this truck anymore, it has nice cosmetics, I don't like the clutch, just doesn't feel right when I'm trying to shift quickly, but the previous owner had the clutch worked on right before I bought it, so that may be the issue.

1999 troy lee designs ( need help )
By Tyler

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am a 16 year old, and this 2009 Christmas I got this truck. It is so nice, the interior is amazing! So i get it and my steering wheel buttons are missing, I don't mind at all. I can live with that. Anybody know where I can get those? Lets get to the point. I'm 16 I take the truck out a day later and wreck it! I shattered the factory mazda rim it came with! Where can I find this rim?! I need new bumpers and quarter panels! If anybody can help me with this I really would appreciate it! This truck is amazing and super nice! I would recommend it to the pope!

Favorite Features

Interior, exterior

Suggested Improvements

When it shifts, its has a little knock to it

MAZDA '99 TROY LEE DESIGN
By HASAN

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I purched the truck brand new, drove for almost 5 years(92k). I was lucky I purchased extended warranty. During the ex-warranty period the transmission gone 4 times, dash board lights gone 3 times, fog light gone 2 times. I never abuse this truck. When the 4th time tanny broke(not clutch), the dealer have a investigation team to check anything I did wrong. They found manufacture problem. Later I trade in for Honda Sub. Now I'm satisfy with my car.

Favorite Features

External sporty sharp design

Suggested Improvements

Needs to improve performance especially transmission.

Excellent Truck
By DF

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this truck in 05 it had 80000 miles when I purchased it. It has proven to be the very dependable and has only required a few repairs. I had to replace 4x4 hub on the front but as I regularly am off road this is just a minor repair. This truck is a little under powered for heavy loads that approach its weight limit but it pulls my 19 foot bass boat and camping trailer just fine. This truck is perfect for drivers who do not need a full size truck and need a daily driver.

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive Body Style Dependability

Suggested Improvements

More Power MPG's

Excellent Truck!
By BB

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 TL 4dr Extended Cab SB

An awesome truck, I can't say enough! Fun to drive, reliable and a good looking. I bought the truck new 10 years ago and at 160,000 miles it's still going strong. When I go to sell it, someone will be getting a great deal. Besides normal maintenance, oil changes and brakes I cannot complain. Rear wheel drive can present some problems during inclement conditions. For the money the Mazda truck is a great value and I would buy another in a heartbeat, although I wish they would update their body style (not much has changed within the past 10 years).

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Handling during inclement weather.